PayPal Finally Pounces on Smart TV Craze

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,492
Points 1,196,580
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Apr 10 2013 10:23 AM
PayPal seems like a natural fit for Smart TV platforms, so why haven't the two fully meshed until now? Good question, and though we don't have an answer, we can report that they've finally come together. LG couldn't be more proud, either, pointing out that it's the first to offer PayPal on its Smart TV software (though not the first to offer PayPal-capable apps, a distinction that belongs to Samsung).

"LG and PayPal will create a more user-friendly Smart TV experience, enabling the user to make faster, more secure digital payments," Richard Choi , senior vice president of the Smart Business Center at LG Electronics. "PayPal significantly reduces the number of steps the user has to take in order to complete a transaction; saving them time by eliminating the need to enter credit card and address details for each subsequent purchase. Moving forward, it will also make it possible for LG to better integrate digital commerce with first-class home entertainment."

LG Smart TV

The PayPal app is available now on all 2013 model LG Smart TVs in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. LG will expand the availability to France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Australia later this month, with more markets to follow thereafter.
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 30
PCohen replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:00 PM

Hello "MasterPass". Goodbye clunky PreyPal—it has not been nice knowing you ... http://bit.ly/UVXx53

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 12:05 AM

Seems like a natural progression to have paypal for smart TVs. I know if I ever feel questionable about buying something even if paypal has taken some hits in the past I have not has any issues with them and the couple times I have bought stuff for questionable websites I got my money back in full from them. I know LG is not the first but its good to see the integration for ease of use.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS