Mechanical vs Rubber Dome

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 75
paultheoct0pus Posted: Fri, Apr 5 2013 6:42 PM

I think currently my keyboard is rubber dome, its the logitech k520.  I am wonndering if i should buy a mechanical keyboard. I need one cheap and effective (maybe macros on it if possible).  50-80$ is my range. I have been thinking about CM keyboards or logitech.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator

Welcome to HH,......

The least expensive Mech-Keyboards that I've seen are the Rosewill brand.

Here

And Here

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 7:07 PM

Mechanical keyboards are great but I would go and see if you can play with a couple different type of switches before you just buy one. 

Different types for different things or peoples style. Blacks are considered the best for gaming while ive been told that blues are the best.

Reds are good also but you may end up not liking them over what you have just depending. If you have a Tigerdirect store (formerly compusa) or microcenter, they usually they have displays out so you can mess with them.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 75

Do they have them at costco or radio shack? I have nothing around me.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator

If you're in the US you can order Rosewill and other brands at www.newegg.com

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 4:53 PM

paultheoct0pus:

Do they have them at costco or radio shack? I have nothing around me.

I doubt they would. Severely doubt it. Would the keyboard be for typing/gaming/ect. The Rosewill ones are good ones. To be its always been kind of blacks for games, blues for typing, and browns were in the middle.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,970
OSunday replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 5:34 PM

Your best bet is to order online, you can probably find one on amazon for a good price and if not like RealNeil pointed out Newegg is an excellent vendor as well.

Buying online will give you a larger selection and better price options since there are lots of deals online and things in retail stores tend to be more expensive.
Mechanical keyboards can get a little pricey even with the internet selection. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 7:11 PM

Agreed with OSunday. Best bet is if you can get your budget up to $100 and look at alot of reviews and find out what your style is for typing and see if anyone has the same and recommends a keyboard. That and like I asked earlier if you are gaming, ect.

Just google search and you will find alot of information about these and look at the different brands. I know you can get alot of good mechanical keyboards for 80-100.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 75

Yup but I dont know which switches to get. Thats why i want to try one out at a hardwarestore

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS