CyberPowerPC Fangbook X7-200 Gaming Notebook Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,334
Points 1,191,055
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Apr 4 2013 12:58 PM

CyberPowerPC Fangbook X7-200 Gaming NotebookWhile many full-size gaming rigs are built to elicit oohs and ahs with their stunning looks and high performance, gaming notebooks can sometimes be a little bland. CyberPowerPC has had its share of solid yet non-distinct looking gaming notebooks, but the Fangbook series is a different animal. Built with plenty of alluring hardware and a slick chassis, the Fangbook is also clearly designed to make people stop and ogle.

The Fangbook comes in three iterations--the X7-100, X7-200, and the X7-300--and of course, all three models are completely customizable in terms of specifications and features...

CyberPowerPC Fangbook X7-200 Gaming Notebook Review

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,682
Points 104,315
MembershipAdministrator

Nice looking lappy.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Points 1,390

wow, for what I paid for my daughters macbook pro I could have got a good laptop. But it was not a choose I agreed with I showed her what could be had and how fast could could be.

Anyway you are right realneil it looks great

Asus M4A79T deluxe,AMD Athlon II X4 620,PNY GTX285 1gb,Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 8gb,Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro,Diamond ATI TV Wonder HD 650 Comb,Plextor DVD-CD burner,Patriot PS-100 SSD 32gb ,WD 500gb 32mg,Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower,Antec True Power Quattro 1000watts,Toshiba 40in 1080p for a monitor

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

It looks good but I got no use for a boat anchor.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50

nice laptop! puts my pc to shame =X (think that means it is time to upgrade old Betsy,eh? hehe)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

in my opinion the clevo barebones are better

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

But the quality price is good !!! nice laptop

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:47 PM

Nice specs on this laptop but im not sold on Cyberpower's build quality. Buddy bought a laptop from them bout 3 years ago and within 6 months it fell apart and he should have RMAed it but was so disgusted he said screw it. After that and trying to help him fix his laptop which the problem was the fan on the GPU and the heatpipes to the CPU and GPU were falling off. Fan was super loud so we took off the back cover to find the heatpipes started dangling down. 

This was 3 years ago so I hope they would have corrected this issue which I haven't known anyone with anything else from them but that was enough to look elsewhere.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 2,015

Looks nice and seems to get decent benchmarks. I like the looks except for the bright blue lights that appear to be shining back towards the user (around the speakers). Generally speaking I don't want any additional lights that close to my screen. I do like the backlit keyboard though.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50

Nice specs and nice bang for the buck, to be sure. I'm wondering how long it will last though. High end components throw off a lot of heat when stressed and packing them into a laptop seems like a good way to add new new meaning to the phrase "burned in."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 342
Points 4,510
slugbug replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:49 PM

Definitely worth looking into as a desktop replacement.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:46 PM

callmeishmael:

Nice specs and nice bang for the buck, to be sure. I'm wondering how long it will last though. High end components throw off a lot of heat when stressed and packing them into a laptop seems like a good way to add new new meaning to the phrase "burned in."

Ive seen videos of manufacturers doing all in one liquid cooling in laptops and curious to when this could become the standard in gaming laptops. While I understand the risk in this of it being in such a compact spot along with a laptop gets bounced around alot more than a desktop PC it still would be great to have.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
Layhyungs replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:33 PM

Very nice spec for the price !

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS