New WiFI 802.11 ac I am going upgrade from old WIFI N

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 266
Points 2,975
Mike Coyne Posted: Tue, Mar 12 2013 6:45 PM

New WIFI from Asus., PCE- AC66 Dual Band PCI -E Adapter. Wireless-AC1750. It will run on 450 mbps on WIFI N on 2.4 GHz and also it will run 450 mbps to 1.30Gbps on WIFI on 5 GHz. That is world fastest WIFI out there. It will do great with Asus RT AC66U  rounter . I did order both from Newegg.com.  Now new WIFI have move up to 802.11 ac.

Check it out on Asus website: http://usa.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTAC66U/ and http://usa.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Adapters/PCEAC66/

I think anyone will be interesting in this and and Many great reviews about that and very impressed performance on WIFI.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,466
Points 46,975
ForumsAdministrator

I'd be interested in knowing how it performs for you, Mike!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 266
Points 2,975

I have not set up yet. I will let you know when I get them set up and running. I promise i will  let you know. I know you are very interesting in this. It will be my frist time that i step up to WiFi 802.11 ac. Note for Superdave from me

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 266
Points 2,975

Hey Super Dave, I want tell you. I did got them up and running. I can run on WiFI up to 450 Mbps. it is pretty fast on 2.4 GHz. And I did got chance to run on wifi on 5 GHz. Way faster than 2.4 GHz. But they need few more driver, firewae software update in future. Now it is stable.. I know it still brand new. I diid got avg about 500 to 700 Mbps on 5 GHz WIFI. I was impressed with that. the Router is quite powerful. Inside of router has Broadcom CPU at 600 MHz with 256 MB DDRII  of RAM   . I think it is worth to move up to next generation of 802.11ac WireLess technology.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,466
Points 46,975
ForumsAdministrator

I appreciate your taking the time to post that, Mike. I've been thinking about upgrading my wireless network and that info will be very useful when I finally decide to spend the cash!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,572
Points 103,130
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 10:27 PM

Those specs look great, but my "N" 300/600 router seems to power everything at speed without problems.

I would buy this new standard if mine failed, but I will not replace one that works so well for me now.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 266
Points 2,975

Hey, I know new Asus RT AC66U Router still have small issue. If you buy it. just stright to Asus.com get upgrade to new fireware. Be patient with it until next new fireware. I'm sure Asus will give new fireware soon to upgrade to fix small issue or to stable it. Meanwhile,  dont get upset with router, it still hold on until it get fix by update new fireware. I know it is still brand new. It will take a some time with it.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS