Samsung's Galaxy S IV To Implement Eye Scroll Feature

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,115
Points 1,184,315
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:38 PM
Samsung's Galaxy S smartphone line has surpassed the iPhone in a number of key areas, and for the first time, the mainstream public is awaiting a Galaxy launch just as seriously as they await an Apple launch. As the company continues to secure more and more of the mobile market, it's going to take more and more innovation to stay a cut above. According to a new Wall Street Journal report, the Galaxy S IV -- scheduled to launch on 3/14 -- one of those standout features will be quite the eye-pleaser.

In fact, it's Eye Scrolling. In a nutshell, the phone will watch how a person is viewing the phone, and if they pan down, the page will scroll accordingly. If they pan up or to the side, the page on the phone will move without the user lifting a finger. Samsung has already filed numerous trademarks related to eye scrolling, and it's sensible to think that such a feature may also come to the Note line in time. While touch is vital these days, giving users the ability to use their eyes as another input method would certainly be applauded. Now, if only games would take advantage as well...
  • | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 80

Would love to see how that works out. Could be very annoying

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:43 PM

This is why Samsung is one of my favorite companies. They aren't like apple who say there products are innovative but really are just the same as their old phones. Samsung !

Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 775
timaeus replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:19 AM

While that sounds cool, I'm sure that'd be a feature I disable immediately. I tend to multitask, always doing something else when on my phone, so having the phone scroll away from my location whenever I look away would get very irritating. And what kind of sensitivity is it? I wouldn't want the page to move side-to-side as I'm reading or anything...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS