Raspberry Pi - XBMC

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar Posted: Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:54 PM

Anyone have any experience with using a Rasberry Pi for XBMC or other home media related software?  I ordered one last night with the intent of installing a discrete home media server behind my TV, however I did run into some issues using Netflix/Hulu along with it.  I'm not necessarily concerned with the ability to use netflix or hulu (and did find a solution last night, that I can't seem to find this morning), but we're trying to find a solution other than using a Apple TV due to the cost associated with Apple TV, and Apple TV 2.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 1:43 AM

Update: I got my rasberry Pi in today, after 3-4 hours of troubleshooting, I finally got it to stream movies off my external as well as a buddies internal.  If anyone has any interest in performance or installation, let me know.  We've only run into issues with playing oversized movies so far.  The avengers in 1080p with a 16GB .mkv file has a little stutter.  However, other files of same quality but smaller file size has no issues.  Then again he's using a 5400 RPM green drive, with a 8mb buffer, the stutters may be the drives fault and not the rasberry Pi'.s

We're using Raspbmc fyi.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS