JD Power Awards Verizon Top Customer Service Award

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,693
Points 1,156,555
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:34 AM
For the fourth consecutive reporting period, J.D. Power and Associates awarded Verizon Wireless top honors in wireless customer care satisfaction among full-service carriers. Verizon scored 766 on a 1,000-point scale and performed particularly well in telephone contacts that originate in the automatic response system (ARS) channel and are then transferred to a live customer service representative (CRS), as well as calls made directly to a CSR, according to the semi-annual report.

Verizon credited its social media efforts as a major reason why it's able to excel in customer satisfaction. Big Red has a dedicated social media team that reaches out to customers on social channels and often follows up via direct messaging or with a phone call, the company said.

Verizon Van

"We’ve always been able to answer you on the phone, email or chat, but now adding social media means you have the convenience of sitting on your couch and sending us a tweet," says Chauncey Mason, Verizon Wireless social media coordinator.

AT&T also scored high, earning a score of 759. The other major carriers scored below the industry average, including Sprint Nextel (746) and T-Mobile (715).
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,537
Points 54,400
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:41 AM

Verizon's coverage stinks in my neck of the woods. It's surprising actually but AT&T has better coverage and even better LTE performance here.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 2,175

That is surprising; VZW's coverage is generally excellent.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Cueil replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 12:47 PM

That's funny because T-Mobile still head and shoulders better customer service... Verizon and ATT always gave me problems... and their data services are just insane...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,901
Points 24,515
digitaldd replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:15 PM

Verizon tops for customer service? You tell me they have the top mobile network, I'll agree in most areas they do. But customer service there is just no way that's possible.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS