Students Can Snag Windows 8 Pro for $70 Starting February 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,697
Points 1,207,525
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:47 AM
Microsoft will offer a discounted version of Windows 8 Pro to students beginning February 1, 2013, the company announced. It's the upgrade edition, and it will be available for students online at the Microsoft Store for $70 in the U.S., with more countries being added on February 21st, March 7th, and March 19th.

"For students, Windows 8 offers the best for work and play and with the new Start screen that makes it super easy to organize, access and find what matters most to you," Microsoft stated in a blog post. "With Windows 8, students can download apps from the Windows Store like Microsoft OneNote or Evernote for taking notes in class or Skype to stay connected with friends and family."

Windows 8

Students will need a valid email address through a qualifying education institution and a PC that's running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

If you've already decided you want to make the jump to Windows 8, bear in mind that you can still download a Windows 8 Pro upgrade at a discounted price of $40, whether you're a student or not. That offer ends today, however, so you'll have to decide fast if that's the route you're going to take.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:52 AM

It's probably too late to say this, but there was a way to get windows 8 pro for $16 yesterday. I'm not entirely sure it's still working, but I had a few friends buy multiple keys to sell later.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 6:20 PM

No thanks, I can have a guy hit me in the head with a hammer for only $2.50.

One of my kids' new systems has Windows 8, and they complain about it endlessly, though they won't boot into Linux instead because it can't run the ActiveX horror that is Roblox.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS