Case Conundrum: Affordable Midtowers Compared

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,195
Points 1,186,420
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2013 1:51 PM

Case Conundrum: Affordable Midtowers ComparedToday we're reviewing a series of mid-tower cases at a variety of affordable price points. These four cases are all marketed towards enthusiasts and ship with what were once considered upscale options, including external water cooling mounts, multiple 120mm fans, screwless installation, removable case vents, and board cutouts for easy third-party heatsink installation.

That's great news if you're tired of seeing full towers get all the high-end love from case manufacturers, but it makes the prospect of picking a single enclosure a bit daunting. We've rounded up options from Antec, Corsair, Fractal, and Rosewill, the Antec P280, Corsair C70, Fractal Design R4, and Rosewill R5 and have the full scoop for you here:

Case Conundrum: Affordable Midtowers Compared

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 620
Points 5,570
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 2:03 PM

Great article, Joel! If I were in the market for a modestly-sized PC, I'd be jumping all over that Fractal R4. So clean, a bit classy and has a pretty intuitive interior.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
kurty replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:09 PM

Feeling the same way RWilliams love the fractal
Great review

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,658
Points 104,150
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:58 PM

Thanks for the review Joel. Well done.

Fractal makes good cases. I just did a build with their Arc Midi and I'm very happy with it's performance and features too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

Great review. One question tho, does companies(Corisar, Rosewill) matter that much? Cause some products feel weak inside, like plastic pieces can easily break off. Any opinion?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:34 PM

Nice review. I had a buddy do a build with the C70 with an old AMD and H60. His board was a mini ATX but he loved the amount of room and his ability for cable management (even though he didnt have alot) but said hes recommend it.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS