HP Vision Diagnostics

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:54 PM

Anyone successfully used this software via USB?  

Here at the office we have a testing procedure with the new HP's we get in.  To do this, I need to put HP Vision Diagnostics on a USB stick.  Easy right?  Nope.  For some reason every time I go to install it on the USB drive, the system unformats the USB stick (after I've tried both FAT32 and NTFS) and then says there was a problem and closes.

I've currently got a work around, by using a disc to boot to hp vision diagnostics, then using a USB drive to save the files once it's ran all the performance test, but it's still annoying to have to have both in here.  Any other ideas as to why it won't work?  

By the way, this is a 8GB stick and HP Vision diagnostics is only 3.06 GB's.  So space isn't the issue.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,120
acarzt replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:23 PM

I'm unfamiliar with the program, but i've had a lot of success creating bootable falshdrives for diagnostic purposes...

With a little bit of background on how the application functions, i might be able to help you.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645

Yeah, i've had a lot of success making bootable flash drives as well.  Just not this one.  It's not the application that giving me trouble, it's the installer.  For some reason it renders the USB stick unusable then crashes.  I'll go back in and reformat it, try it again, and the same thing happens, no matter if it's FAT32, NTFS, or whatever.  I don't know why, but it just refuses to work on these sticks.  Seeing as they're the only ones we have in the office, I can't really test it with another brand.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS