Frustrations with HP's new line-up and name changes

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
Aberration Posted: Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:43 PM

This is my rant:

I wanted to see if anyone is as mad as I am with HP's new line-up.

Now the ENVY is right in the middle of the line-up, basically they renamed all the DV computers Envy and the premium will be called specter.

My friend just got the NEW 2012 Envy 17 3D like 3 months ago and now its no longer made in its place will be the Specter XT 15" a laptop that is far below the old Envy's good specs, needless to say he is pissed.

I wanted one to now its gone.

The specter XT couldn't game its way out of a paper bag and lets face it using the Envy name for the DV line-up is a insult to that name of the once very ahead of their time Voodoo Envy PC's that came before.

• Filed under: ,
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645
Dorkstar replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:35 PM

Where I work, we use both high end dells, and high end HP's.  The computers we purchase range from $5,000 - $7,000 depending on our customers needs.  (We work in the medical field)

Now that being said, we recently purchased a few low-end computers to be used in our home office for various new hires.  I can tell you this, on the high end, both HP and Dell make solid computers.  On the low end however, I was amazed at how cheap the HP is built, and how Dell still has a very consistent quality.  I'm not suggesting you go out and buy a dell, but i'm saying I've seen it first hand where HP cut's every corner to get a cheaper price, and maybe it's just not worth it.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS