iPhone 5 Supply Catching Up to Demand, Ship Time Now 'Only' Two Weeks

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,749
Points 1,210,185
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:14 AM
Smartphone shoppers jonesing for an iPhone 5 still have to wait for Apple to replenish its stock, however the wait time on Apple's website has now dropped to two weeks. It's a sign that supply is catching up to demand, and also that Foxconn (Hon Hai Precision) doesn't appear to running into any further issues building those pesky smartphones to spec.

Hon Hai Precision Chairman Terry Gou recently stated that his company was shipping "far fewer" iPhone 5 models than Apple requested due to quality control issues. He didn't specify which design cues were causing the most trouble, though there have been reports of iPhone 5 models arriving in the U.S. already scratched and dinged, right out of the box. Gou said demand was strong for the latest iPhone model, and that his company "just can't really fulfill Apple's requests."

iPhone 5

As Foxconn workers get more accustomed to the iPhone 5's apparent complex design, perhaps they now find themselves in a groove. Apple's "available to ship" date is steadily declining, and it would appear that in two weeks time, there won't be any further delays. Not until the rumored iPhone 5S makes its debut, anyway.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 450
Points 5,345
sackyhack replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:06 AM

Patiently waiting for the 5S. Actually I'm not really waiting, it's just that my current plan runs out late Summer. Hopefully by then there's at least news of the 5S.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 616
Points 5,040
RiCoFrost replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:43 PM

I'm sure with many other better phones around people are also starting to move away from apple so less people are buying it and that could be why the supply is catching up with demand.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
brianhowe replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:52 PM

It is in fact limited time offer launching to other country.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS