Gigabyte Osmium Keyboard: Great Design, Poor Accuracy

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,866
Points 1,115,885
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:52 PM

Gigabyte Osmium Keyboard: Great Design, Poor AccuracyAfter 25 years of typing on keyboards, I've field-tested everything from IBM's legendary Mode M to the sort of $4.99 specials that were, as far as I could tell, constructed from styrofoam, packing peanuts, and pocket lint. About a year ago, I made the jump to a pair of mechanical keyboards and haven't looked back.

The mechanical board on the table today is Gigabyte's Aivia Osmium, and it's an impressive beauty. The Osmium includes a USB 2 port, USB 3 port, headphone/microphone jacks, five macro keys, five profile settings, a double-set of stands to adjust the keyboard's height, and independent wheels for controlling the backlight and audio...

Gigabyte Osmium Keyboard: Great Design, Poor Accuracy

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,431
Points 102,125
MembershipAdministrator

It looks great, has some cool features too.

The double key-press issue would be a deal breaker for me too.

I recently got a Corsair K90 Mechanical keyboard, and now I understand what all of the fuss is about. (thanks to Marco)

The only thing that ever came close to it's typing comfort is my Apple Aluminum Keyboard. (and that's been left in the dust by this Corsair)

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Points 11,350
Joel H replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:07 PM

It's unfortunate. This is a keyboard I'd really like to recommend. Does the K90 use Cherry Reds or Blacks?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 137
Points 1,375
MCaddick replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:41 AM

My god, what a hideous keyboard. Are they trying to turn potential customers away?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:26 PM

I don't think the keyboard looks that bad. The only thing I would change is reduce palm rest size and add macro keys.

I have been looking for a new keyboard and wanted to get a mechanical keyboard. For the past few years I have been using a razer lycosa that I won in a contest and now I am thinking about upgrading. New egg has had many black November deals so at the moment I am trying to narrow it down, but with all the different types of Mech keys I am not sure which to choose. Marco`s explanation of each was helpful, however, not sure which one I want to get. Mainly have had my eyes on the razer black widow with Mx blue keys because I do like the clicky sounds.

I believe both corsair keyboards use cherry Mx red

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
kbfreak replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:16 AM

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder huh?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS