HTC One X+ Superphone is First to Combine Tegra 3 with LTE in the U.S.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,710
Points 1,208,340
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:10 PM
HTC finally saw fit to formally introduce its One X+ smartphone, which is the successor to the popular One X. The refreshed version looks pretty much identical to the original, but on the inside, it sports upgraded hardware, including a 1.7GHz Tegra 3 processor from NVIDIA and a faster clocked GPU that runs at 520MHz.

According to HTC, the One X+ is up to 67 percent faster than the One X. It's also the first to pair a Tegra 3 chip with an LTE radio, at least in the U.S. market, as NVIDIA points out.

HTC One X+

"It boasts a supercharged version of the NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, which features the high-performance, 4-PLUS-1 quad-core architecture and unique 5th battery-saver core. On the Android side of the equation, the HTC One X+ will ship with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and debuts HTC’s new Sense 4+ skin. The AT&T HTC One X+ will be the first Tegra 3 LTE smartphone for the U.S.," NVIDIA said.

In addition, HTC upgraded the internal storage to 64GB and bumped up the camera's optics to a 1.6MP sensor, up from 1.3MP on the original One X. To power all these upgrades, HTC shoved a 2100 mAh battery into the chassis, upgraded from the 1,700 mAh in the original.

No word yet on price, though HTC did say the One X+ will be available later this month.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:57 PM

I really like the HTC One X that I have right now but I definitely will see how much this phone will cost me when it comes out and whether I can recover that cost by selling my current phone. The performance difference aside I would really like the power saving features of that 5th core (if there are actually any) and the bigger battery.

Oh and the extra storage would be awesome also since I wouldn't need to carry around a separate tablet like I usually do.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:10 AM

Yeah; I see the Galaxy SIII going through the same + treatment, and wonder why they dropped them with the dual core processor here rather than quad core from the start like they did in the rest of the world.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:53 PM

I'm not sure but it might have something to do with the LTE radios, or could just be a marketing decision. either way both the dual core phones are fast enough, quad core would be better for gaming, especially the the tegra 3.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS