Acer Iconia Tab A700 with HD 1080p Display Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,850
Points 1,114,985
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:45 AM

Acer Iconia Tab A700 With HD 1080p Display ReviewApple upped the ante in the tablet market with its Retina display found in the third-generation iPad, which offers a resolution of 2048x1536. Since then, some Android tablet manufacturers have followed suit by increasing screen resolution and providing a better display overall. Acer's latest Iconia Tab A700 is one such tablet that aims to deliver a more vibrant display than the majority of Android-based tablets on the market today.

The Iconia Tab A700 features a 1080p Full HD Display with a 1920 x 1200 resolution, in addition to a NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-plus-one-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard flash storage, a microSD card slot as well as an HDMI port…

Acer Iconia Tab A700 with HD 1080p Display Review

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 420
MCook replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:17 AM

That thing runs HOT, and I do mean HOT! I had one, and while the screen is nice the heat issues were just too bad to ignore, I went to a Galaxy Note 10.1 and haven't looked back. It's a shame, because the A700 is a great tablet overall.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

That thing is dog slow compared to other tablets, even older tablets (with much lower specs) running on older versions of android, barely usable on day to day usage, doesn't always respond to touch, even for simple things like typing and opening programs... I returned mine, thanks Acer!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

These comments are NOT VALID ANYMORE!

In respect to heat and lagging, there were already improvements with the software update from end of July. (I have the tablet since July.)

But now the A700 has Android 4.1 JELLY BEAN, and it's FAST, VERY RESPONSIVE and DOESN'T RUN HOT!

The problems were only software related, not hardware related.

The device can really be recommended, especially because of the display and the bang one gets for the buck!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 80

I'll bet it cost a lot less then the Ipad 3 and with what hasenbein said looks like they fixed their problems.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I have had this tablet since November and the improvements as a result of upgrading to JB are phenomenal. Much less heat in the back lower right corner than there was before. It is speedy and smooth and the display is beautiful. Plenty bright even in full sunlight, but that is with brightness set at max.

I was going to have it rooted and install a custom ROM, but really, with GO Launcher installed, it is as user friendly as I could want. Comes with Polaris Office installed, which is great for editing MS Office files. It also has a bit of bloatware (what tab doesn't?) but it is minimal and not intrusive at all compared to other tabs.

I didn't like the music software on it, but I got something I like for free on Google Play. Overall, I am very pleased with it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS