Priceless: Samsung Rips On iPhone 5 Fans (Video)

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,208
Points 1,187,070
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:05 PM
If Apple wasn't worth over half a trillion dollars, we'd almost feel bad about Samsung's comically disparaging ads aimed at the iPhone maker. Sometimes the truth hurts, however, and far be it for us to discourage Samsung from making us laugh by pointing out how silly the whole Apple culture has become.

The latest ad (embedded below) once again pokes fun at the annual ritual of iPhone buyers braving long lines in order to have the latest and greatest version of their iOS device on the day of release. Samsung ran a similar ad campaign when the Galaxy S II was competing against the iPhone 4S, and some will find this one even more funny simply based on the fact that there really isn't anything revolutionary about the iPhone 5. Not that there has to be -- Apple makes a darn good smartphone already -- but the rabid demand for a device that, from a hardware perspective, is playing a game of catch-up to the competition is worth a chuckle or three when it's put into proper perspective, as Samsung does (with a healthy dose of snark).

"This one's 4G," a man waiting in line for an iPhone 5 explains.

"Yeah, we've had that for awhile," a guy holding an Samsung Galaxy S III responds.

"This one's got a big screen," says the iPhone guy.

"This one has a bigger one, and we can share videos instantly, you can watch a video while you're sending an email...," replies the Samsung guy.

Samsung doesn't pull any punches and makes the most out of the minute-and-a-half ad spot, which will inevitably end up trimmed when it airs on TV. One of the recurring themes in the video is Apple's redesigned dock connector, which renders existing charging cables obsolete without a pricey adapter. In Apple's defense, however, "they make the coolest adapters," one of the actors says.

Check it out and tell us whether the ad made you laugh, cry, or both!
  • | Post Points: 200
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
mojo706 replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 5:00 PM

Hahaha I'm gonna get a HTC 8X. Windows Phone FTW!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 5:04 PM

LOL, i don't quite get the holding his spot in line for his parent (or so i think) was for. Is it for older people? lol

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 255

LOL didn't get it neither but still that vid was quite funny ! (and i must agree mojo706, Windows Phone FTW!)

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Willrose replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 5:17 PM

Lately Ive really been loving Samsung lately, they just keep on ripping on apple, first the payment in nickels and know this, what's next?!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,102
Points 11,170
CDeeter replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 5:52 PM

Yep, that's the point exactly. They are saying the iPhone is no longer hip cause even the old folks use it now.

Loved that part!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 4,200
RiCoFrost replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 8:09 PM

LOL Samsung is killing it with these adds they are brilliant :)

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
JHooper replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 8:13 PM

Is the guy who is saving the spot for his parents, the same guy from the Galaxy ads that was running in the movie theaters this summer?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

I sell phones. The iphone is an old person smartphone. More and more young people use androids, especially since it is something mum and dad can afford.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,832
Points 45,800
rapid1 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 12:05 AM

Yup; all the iSheep are sitting in line, all the "COOL" young people have moved on to the cooler Android phones except of course the one who's holding his parents place for them while they go to Starbucks, and of course the one old dude who is hoping they might have all the cool stuff on the iPhone, or at least maybe by next time!

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945
mhenriday replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 3:25 AM

Judge Koh will no doubt ban that ad, as infringing on Apple's patent on ads....

Henri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,659
Points 104,155
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:16 AM

I heard that Apple just got a patent on ~patents~.

From now on they're ~all~ Apple patents,.......how cool is that?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945
mhenriday replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:13 AM

«I heard that Apple just got a patent on ~patents~.» Must have been the result of Saint Jobs' intervention with the Celestial Powers that run the USPTO (and the US District Court for the Northern District of California)....

Henri

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Points 14,335
Manduh replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 12:18 PM

The best part is it's ALL true! LMAO!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945
mhenriday replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 1:38 PM

The Onion has published a nice little piece on this as well. Enjoy !...

Henri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,659
Points 104,155
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:00 PM

mhenriday:
The Onion has published a nice little piece on this as well. Enjoy !...Henri

LOL!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 2:47 PM

iPhone 5 is a cool phone, but it is missing that extra bump it needed. Still a great phone. I prefer iOS to android because I have not had a good experience with android phones at all. But I'm no Apple fanboy. I dislike their macs and overpriced facebook machines. iPhone is about the only item worth the money IMO.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945
mhenriday replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:15 PM

Difference of opinion is what makes horse races, as Mr Clemens famously pointed out, but prospective iOS6 users might be advised to check out Ed Oswald's article over at ExtremeTech before making their decisions....

Henri

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 45
TBallard replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 4:30 PM

Haha. Hilarious. Considering Samsung might have to pay a billion dollar patent infringement settlement over some really questionable patent infringements, or not really innovative things that probably should never have been allowed patentable anyways good for them. Stick it to em however you can Samsung. I just really find the continued back and forth between the two companies considering apple is actually such a huge samsung customer and all.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS