OCZ's CEO Ryan Petersen Steps Down, Alex Mei Appointed Interim CEO

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,186,000
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:09 PM

OCZ's Board of Directors has appointed Alex Mei to serve as the Interim CEO of the company now that Ryan Petersen has resigned as President, CEO and a director of the Company. Mei will take over immediately and will also maintain his current responsibilities as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.

Petersen was one of the organization's original founders and was a key player in guiding OCZ to where it is today. Petersen is also credited as being the inventor or co-inventor of much of OCZ's proprietary technology. Mei joined OCZ in 2004 and is one of OCZ's longest tenured employees.

A reason for Petersen's departure has not been announced though there has been some speculation that he was ousted by the Board of Directors. While we don't know the truth behind this speculation, OCZ's fiscal performance hasn't been as positive as some had hoped. In addition, the rumored acquisition by Seagate has reportedly collapsed.

Alex Mei, Interim CEO

"We are fortunate to have someone of Alex Mei's caliber to step in and lead OCZ as Interim CEO. Alex is not only a proven executive who has made significant contributions and provided outstanding leadership to OCZ as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, his tenure with the company since 2004 helps to ensure continuity until a permanent CEO is hired. Alex has the full confidence of the Board and is well respected by colleagues, employees, and the industry alike. He's ideally suited to oversee the continued execution of OCZ's strategic plans during this interim period," said Adam Epstein, OCZ's lead independent director.

In response to today's announcement, Mr. Mei said, "I'm honored that the Board has selected me to lead OCZ on an interim basis. We have dedicated and talented employees, extremely competitive technology, and product roadmaps that we believe will enable us to continue to provide industry-leading solid state storage solutions to our growing customer base. As one of the longest tenured employees, I've been fortunate to have had a front-row seat to what OCZ's amazing employees are capable of achieving for nearly a decade. I'm confident that our team will continue to execute the core strategies we've previously communicated to investors."

OCZ will hold its fiscal 2013 second quarter conference call on October 10, 2012.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:21 AM

"We are fortunate to have someone of Alex Mei's caliber to step in and lead OCZ as Interim CEO"

And he'll make sure that the ~next~ deal with Seagate (please god, let there be another deal with Seagate!) doesn't collapse again!!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 620
Points 5,570
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:56 PM

Alex is a seriously smart guy who genuinely cares about the company. I'd expect nothing but great things to happen with OCZ going forward.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,593
Points 54,935
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 1:58 PM

RWilliams:

Alex is a seriously smart guy who genuinely cares about the company. I'd expect nothing but great things to happen with OCZ going forward.

Agreed Rob.  Alex is a class act too.  Sorry to see Ryan go but I'm glad Alex is at the helm still.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS