IDF Day 1: Haswell Live Graphics Demo

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,178
Points 1,185,785
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Sep 11 2012 4:31 PM

IDF Day 1: Haswell Live Graphics DemoIntel’s Dadi (David) Perlmutter, General Manager Intel Architecture Group and Chief Product Officer, opened up the 2012 Intel Developers Forum by reflecting back on the significance of this day, the eleventh anniversary of the attacks on 9/11. Today, however, also marks the fifteenth anniversary of IDF, so Dadi ultimately moved on to a quick overview of the many advances and innovations that have taken place at Intel since the event began in 1997. Perlmutter showed off a Medfield SoC alongside a Xeon Phi, along with a number of Intel Atom and Core powered Windows 8 tablets and Ultrabooks, but he finished with a couple of live demos showing the company’s upcoming Haswell-based 4th Gen Core Processors in action…

IDF Day 1: Haswell Live Graphics Demo

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 720

Did the guys at Intel take those pills from the movie "Limitless"?

Just when you think they can't possibly improve their chips anymore, they come up with this. AMD is up for a tough challenge.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 8:30 PM

Hmmm... I was prepared to be skeptical, but that did look pretty damned awesome.

I can hardly wait to see some actual HH benchmarks in the future.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:36 AM

I agree JvanHummel it seems one thing you can count on if the sun comes up INTEL is working on some new technology, I would say Samsung and a few other companies are the same you can just count on it. Technology moves at a ridiculously fast rate now in general.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Appears to be a substantial improvement even though it is 2x performance. Goes to show how spoiled we've become when a "2x performance upgrade" no longer sounds that impressive.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Blakeeyyy replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:42 PM

I honestly don't think that Intel can make their chips any smaller with better performance. Way to go Intel. Step it up AMD.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS