Computer won't boot, black screen, red cpu light.

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
DKeeley Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2012 1:44 PM

This has been happening soon after I put in my new motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 After a 1 or 2 reboots my computer gets stuck before it even shows the mb screen. So my monitor stays black as the computer sounds like its running.

The cpu light on the motherboard is solid red. Playing about with the memokay and directbutton and jumpers is what has been getting it to boot again the past few days. But now nothing is working, even having reseated everything. I think this is happening because of theggg over clocking one click feature, but i was resetting to install a windows service pack update which may have caused me to not be able to boot up.

Im stuck on how to get my computer to try and boot up, what would you suggest? Thanks.

Amd Phenom ii x6 1090t 1333mhz ddr3 ram ripjaws 4x 4gb asus nvidea gtx590 700w 80plus mod x stream pro

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:55 PM

Do you hear beeps during the boot up?

If not, you may have a grounding problem with your motherboard (check every screw), or you have a power-supply problem.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,371
Points 80,285

Check all your power connections. But it does not sound good I had a mobo give me a red light some time ago, it was the NB that was dead. 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
DKeeley replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 6:08 AM

YES! Thankyou, i hadnt put in all the motherboard screws lol -_- seems to have got it working properly now :)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
DKeeley replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:24 PM

oh no :( its happening again out of nowhere.

Once it showed a black screen with a spinning slash but nothing more.

Once it told me i had to configure bios because i reset the cmos. 

But now nothing ... just same problem as originally posted, every possible motherboard screw is in and secure.

Do you think it could be a hardware problem? My graphics card is quite new, maybe my power supply, but how can i test this without putting in new ones?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
DKeeley replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:33 PM

okay finally sorted it.

put in a new asus sabretooth r2 and a new corsair ax850 psu and a new hd 7850 gpu, im now up and running lol what a pisstake this had all been :/

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,635
Dorkstar replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:49 PM

I was going to reply to your past post, but it had been some time since you last said anything so I assumed it was solved.

It really just sounds like you didn't have a good ground on your motherboard.  Probably a standoff wasn't secured right or something minor.  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS