Amazon Stops Selling Kindle Fire Tablets Ahead of Refreshed Kindle Launch

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,492
Points 1,196,625
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:45 AM
Those sneaky Pete's in Amazon's marketing department sent out an announcement this morning stating that the Kindle Fire, the best selling product in the company's inventory since it launched nine months ago, is now sold out. As in, the general public completely depleted all of Amazon's Kindle Fire inventory. It's no coincidence the timing of Amazon's 'sold out' notice comes just weeks before the mega e-tailer plans to hold a press event launching new Kindle models, of which it's been rumored a larger size Kindle Fire is on tap.

"We’re grateful to the millions of customers who have made Kindle Fire the most successful product launch in the history of Amazon," said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. "This has been a big year for digital products on Amazon—all of the top 10 sellers on Amazon.com since Kindle Fire launched just less than a year ago are digital products. Kindle Fire is sold out, but we have an exciting roadmap ahead—we will continue to offer our customers the best hardware, the best prices, the best customer service, the best cross-platform interoperability, and the best content ecosystem."

Kindle Fire Browser

The pertinent part of Bezos' statement is bolded by us for emphasis. Without actually coming out and saying it, Amazon is basically confirming (unofficially) that another Kindle Fire product is in the pipeline, though the details have been a closely guarded secret. Initially, rumors were swirling that Amazon would launch a 10-inch Kindle Fire to compete directly with the iPad, but more recently, speculation has centered on a slightly larger device in the range of 8 inches, possibly to compete with Apple's rumored iPad Mini tablet.

In any event, stay tuned, the one thing we know for sure is that new products are en route.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 12:14 PM

My wife's school bought a bunch of  Fire Tablets for the kids to use and then discovered that they don't have the wireless bandwidth to support them.

oops!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:02 PM

I look forward to see what Amazon has to bring to the table; at the moment Google has my attention with the Nexus so I'm looking for expansion slots on the new Kindle.

"I have the power!!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,515
pwrntspd replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 4:22 PM

We shall see Amazon, We shall see. Shouldnt they have a tablet ready now if they ended production of the fire? Maybe its a resource issue?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 2,255

Since the kindle fire is competitively priced, i believe the new kindle will be too. Price preformance ratio is sometims a decising factor for consumers. I hope it does well

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:42 AM

Haha! That's awesome.

They should fire their IT guy.

Or fire the person that ordered so many kindles.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS