HTC Says Bring It Apple, "We’re Not Settling"

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,928
Points 1,118,225
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:42 AM
Time will tell what kind of impact Apple's successful patent trial over Samsung will have on the rest of the Android community, but despite the swift billion dollar verdict, other Google partners aren't necessarily shaking in their boots. In fact, HTC, once a dominant force in the Android arena (much like Samsung is now), wants to make it crystal clear that it has no intentions of settling with Apple.

According to reports, HTC is exuding confidence in itself, in its ability to fight lawsuits with Apple, and in being able to innovate. HTC chairperson Cher Wang was quick to point out that Samsung's loss doesn't translate into the failure of the Android ecosystem as a whole.

HTC One S

"We don't see the case having an impact on the way we do business, as it involved phone design more than Android features," an HTC spokesperson told The Wall Street Journal in an email. "As an innovator, HTC respects intellectual property and patent rights, and their enforcement. We aren't a party to this case, and we continue to do what we do best: focus on bringing innovative mobile experiences to consumers."

HTC is still heavily invested in Android, so much so that a little more than 9 out 10 (92 percent) of the company's smartphone shipments are Android devices. It's also worth noting that HTC and Apple are engaged in their own legal scuffle over patents, and have been for years.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:15 AM

Interested in seeing lawsuit just to see if HTC would win.. Probably not. Especially if the case is out of CA again.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 2,255

not only that, google is also backing up the android platform and the company that uses its platform and actually has filled a lawsuit to ban apple products , and due to its recent acquisition of motorola google has one of the first pioneers of the platform wich is mobile devices.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,797
Points 45,505
rapid1 replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:18 PM

When the Android tribes band against the horrible APPLE demon's this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-LMHZwY6w plays in the background. I have a comment on the video posting as well lol it was my first concert ever is the clue!

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845
RTietjens replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:43 PM

If apple sues in Cupertino, they win. If they sue anyplace else, there could be a fair trial.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:49 PM

Trust me kids. Now's the time to start selling your Apple stock.

I seriously think that they are the next dot-com-bubble... just all in one company. Once a few of these key over-encompassing patents get thrown out, investors are going to suddenly realize that Apple is actually worth much less than a lot of the guys they are suing.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS