Maingear Solo 21 All-In-One PC Has A New Look, New ‘Tude and Ivy Bridge

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,116
Points 1,184,335
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Aug 27 2012 6:04 PM
When it comes to all-in-one PCs, looks are as important as the tech. You can get by with a clunky system in your office, but AIOs are often in kitchens, living rooms, and other spots where visitors are going to see them. Maingear’s Solo series was pretty slick as AIOs go, but there’s no question that the redesign puts it on a new level aesthetically. Maingear announced the overhaul today and pointed to the Solo 21's clean looks, new tech, and upgradability as major draws.

Where once the Solo had three feet, it now has a single, chrome stand that sports a cut-out of the Maingear logo. It supports VESA mounts, too, which is handy if you’re eyeballing it for the living room. The speakers are hidden too. Overall, it’s a cleaner look than the previous model.

The Revamped Maingear Solo 21 AIO PC

The Solo’s guts are seeing a refresh, too. Maingear points out that the system meets Intel Thin Mini-ITX standards, making it upgradable right down to the motherboard.
The current mobo options are the DH61AG and the enterprise-oriented DQ77KB. You can go with an Intel Core i3 2125 cpu at 3.3GHz or bump up to a Core i7 3770S. The system has SSD (up to 256GB) and HDD (up to 1TB) options and starts at $899.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:20 AM

Oh man.. that is nice looking. It looks kinda like an Apple display, and boy.. those are sexy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 2,255

Looks grt but for gaming ? Maybe not

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Points 1,630
MCaddick replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:29 AM

Looks awfully thick.

I've one of MSI's AIO PCs from a couple of years ago and even that seems to only be 2/3 the thickness of this Maingear PC. I guess an i7 has a lot of heat to get rid of but its still damn thick.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 309
Points 2,990
JOMA replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:41 AM

Pretty nice for an all-in one but from my repair experience, the all-in-one systems can be a pain to repair. New models are possibly planned better but a lot of times they use very custom or proprietary hardware to fit into this type of case and after a few years it's hard to find replacement parts.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS