Dunkin' Donuts App Helps You Get Your Fix Faster

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,392
Points 1,192,485
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 17 2012 12:17 PM
Coffee and donuts are things we often get while on the go, so it makes sense that coffee shop chains are getting in on tech that makes the transactions a little faster. Starbucks has seen plenty of publicity for its payment app and now Dunkin' Donuts is getting in on the action with the Dunkin' Moblie App for Android and iPhone.

The app's main feature is the DD card, which you tap to pay for your coffee instead of fumbling with change or hunting for an actual card. It's pretty slick and it certainly makes paying easier. You can buy a digital DD card from the app and refill it via your credit card.

The app also helps you find nearby DD's in a pinch and has nutritional info and a menu and such. One feature that caught our attention is the ability to send gift cards right from the app. You can send the cards to friends via email, Facebook, or text. Starbucks doesn't have such an option yet with its app.

Dunkin' Donuts Mobile App

With companies diving into mobile payments, it's starting to look like the days of the wallet may be numbered. You can already store most of the info that's in your wallet (business cards, photos, etc.) in your phone. Once your phone can handle payments for your daily transactions, will you bother with a wallet?
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 3:14 PM

I Love Dunkin Donuts, I love Coffee, ergo I love the new Dunkin Donuts app. But the question is how could it be better?

1 it could personally hand deliver the coffee utilizing some odd form of vortex that brings the coffee through the screen and into your hand. With a 60 second delay for the donut to come through as well. ( you may ask why the delay? well you have to have time to put your phone down and pickup the coffee before the donut appears. in the case you only have one hand.

2 they could have a pair of girls that feed you your donuts rub your shoulders and test you coffee to make sure its the perfect temperature. the girls woul disappear when the donuts and coffee where either gone or past the prime consumption time/temperature.

3 they could create something that exactly replicates the taste of the coffee and donuts in our minds that would give us that wonderful first donutty bite all day without ever gaining a single calorie or paying for it twice.

There isnt anything particularly new about donuts and coffee, nobody has felt the need to change a nearly perfect combination, so in lieu of massive changes to our ability to warp space time and or rent out women with coffee then i am not going to get too upity about a new app.

That being said, i will get that app, Give me donuts or give me death.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 2,255

Best donuts in my opinion. Yum

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 5:55 PM

I almost feel bad about how hard you worked to make such a stupid joke.:p

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 1,750
InsideSin replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 6:10 PM

Tim Hortons.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 11:05 PM

yea i kinda got carried away, but i had about 10 minutes to kill at lunch so i decided to just go for it.

How am i supposed to get better if i don't practice? Besides Jay it was more of a rambling soliloquy than an attempt at a joke.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,838
Points 45,830
rapid1 replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 11:44 PM

To tell ya the truth I am happier with filtered water and fresh ground coffee from my coffee pot and in my big thermal cup lol. Of course I cannot stand McDonalds coffee either, DD coffee is better for sure, but I'd rather have mine!

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65
enprim22 replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 10:55 AM

How am i supposed to get better if i don't practice? Besides Jay it was more of a rambling soliloquy than an attempt at a joke.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 4:48 PM

I support you, bro! I was amused.

I don't really buy coffee from DD / Starbucks / whatever, I'm too much of a coffee snob.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 12:17 AM

Lol, you're right, I spoke in anger, I do love my soliloquies:D

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 255
SarahMassi replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 12:29 PM

Timbits.