LG's Optimus Vu Phablet Coming Stateside By Q3 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,702
Points 1,207,925
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:29 PM
Rumors are already swirling regarding Samsung's supposed successor to the Galaxy Note, but LG's like-minded Optimus Vu hasn't even made it to the USA yet. But the key word here is "yet." The company's phablet, complete with a 4:3 aspect ratio and an accompanying stylus, will be coming to America by the end of the summer. The LTE-equipped, Android-powered smartphone should hit here by Q3 2012, with expectations of a Verizon landing to boot. It's likely to run Android 4.0 out of the gate, but one has to wonder how interesting it'll be for US consumers considering that the Q Voice interface won't speak or understand English until 2013. No pricing has been announced, of course, but it'll need to be sold for a song if the Note II is announced by then.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 290
Points 2,255

It looks nice but it wont be up to par with the saamsung galaxy not. I think its too late for this release in the states and not only its not up to par with the note, note 2 is coming out and will be a better investment than the lg optimus vu. Sorry lg.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 1,750
InsideSin replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:21 AM

It looks both phat and ugly and buff and cool. I'm not sure which side I'm leaning towards at the moment.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 9:48 AM

Too big for a phone, too small for a tablet..

I don't know why this product range even exists, Galaxy Note included. It just seems "jack of all trades, master of none" is the perfect application for this form factor.. kinda like netbooks.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:55 AM

I disagree Erakith, sometimes you just need something that's ultra portable but still versatile. However limited it might be, I could imagine this being an extremely useful tool. The biggest letdown for me is that it won't understand English.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS