Microsoft Job Postings Reveal New Holiday Stores, Impending Xbox 720 Launch

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,867
Points 1,116,070
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Aug 9 2012 8:04 PM
Need a job for the holidays? You might be in luck. Microsoft plans to open at least a dozen so-called 'pop-up' retail stores across the U.S. and Canada, from Massachusetts to California, this coming holiday season. These "Microsoft Holiday Store" locations are undoubtedly an effort to kickstart Windows 8 and aggressively push the company's upcoming Surface tablet and handset devices.

The locations appear in a series of job postings on Microsoft's website and currently include Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, CA; North Miami, FL; Miami, FL; Downtown Chicago, IL; Braintree, MA; Natick, MA; St. Louis, MO; Manhattan, NY; Cleveland, OH; Portland, OR; and San Antonio, TX.

Microsoft Retail Store

Microsoft didn't tip exactly when the stores will open their doors or when they'll close shop, but they are looking to hire for various levels of employment, from sales reps to store managers and assistant managers.

Xbox 720 Concept
Xbox 720 Concept by 3DEricDesign - deviantart

In related news, another job posting (that's been pulled, incidentally), seems to strongly suggest Microsoft's next generation Xbox console will launch by the end of 2013. The ad stated that "over the next 18 months, Microsoft will release new versions of Windows (Client, Server, Phone, and Azure), Office, and Xbox, along with completely new offerings like Microsoft Surface."

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:17 PM

BOO no Toronto location!! I wasn't gonna apply for a job (unless the discount was worth it) but i would liked to go and try out the new toys that should be out by then.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:20 PM

On a semi-related topic, that concept looks AWESOME.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 1,750
InsideSin replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 11:41 PM

Aw, there's only one location in all of Canada at the moment :[

That concept design looks really interesting though. Very futuresque.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:29 PM

This past week, our 360 developed RROD... for the second time. I also had one of the first original XBoxes witht he defective DVDs. If I run out and buy a 720 or any other Microsoft hardware, shoot me, please.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 12:16 AM

3vi1:

This past week, our 360 developed RROD... for the second time. I also had one of the first original XBoxes witht he defective DVDs. If I run out and buy a 720 or any other Microsoft hardware, shoot me, please.

You'll do it, you know you will.

I will too.

I never got the RROD personally, but I've fixed over 10 of them from friends and family.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 1:51 PM

Ehhh I'll believe it when I see it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 5:29 PM

Nope. Not this time.

There's a saying I made up: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Foul me seven times, and I just might have a learning disability.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS