Samsung Is Expected To Introduce New Galaxy Note on August 29

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,344
Points 1,191,195
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:05 PM

Samsung is getting ready for its Unpacked event in Berlin on August 29. Although the official invitation doesn't tell exactly what Samsung is planning to reveal at the event, an unnamed Samsung spokesperson has said the company plans to take the wraps off of the company's next Galaxy Note device.

There have been plenty of rumors lately that suggest some upcoming features and specs regarding this second-generation Galaxy Note. For starters, the new phablet is said to have a larger, 5.5-inch screen and a faster 1.7GHz dual-core processor. Other rumored features include a 12-megapixel camera and a more recent version of Android.

Samsung's Unpacked event is scheduled for August 29, which is approximately two weeks before the rumored announcement of Apple's new iPhone on September 12. Last year, Samsung overtook Apple to become the world's largest smartphone maker.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 1,750

Hopefully this new tablet has some more interesting features, however the increase in screen size from 5.3 to 5.5 is in my opinion unnecessary. The original Galaxy Note's screen already felt awkward at times and a further increase in size seems to be driving it more in the direction of a tablet.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 800

+1

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:05 PM

"Phablet" is that what its called? I totally get it and the increase in screen size certainly pushes it towards the tablet. People who haven't seen this thing in real life are missing out on the biggest douchebag spectacle of their lives. Having said that I would love to have one!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 800

Its a HUGE d-bag Spectacle! and I LOVE mine!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 150

This is amazing Tablet, nice job!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,103
Points 11,175
CDeeter replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 9:50 PM

Lol too funny guys!

And it has a 12 mega pixel camera fer crying out loud! Could this thing turn out to be the Escalade of phones?

At least it has a speaker phone feature so you don't HAVE to hold it up to your head.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625

I thought the stylus went out of style (see what i did there?) when the iPhone came out?

did the business community accept this phone more or was it more geared towards students?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,838
Points 45,830
rapid1 replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 12:49 PM

Just as I was saying I am happy to wait for my next upgrade these are definitely high on my watch list. I really love the 5'3" screen especially when it is AMOLED. Maybe on these next units or one from someone that is similar they will have a little higher rez AMOLED or comparable screen with it implemented.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS