Google Nexus 7 Tablet Review: Jelly Bean and Much More

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,670
Points 1,155,340
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jul 30 2012 1:26 PM

Google Nexus 7 Tablet: Jelly Bean And Much MoreA couple of years ago, Google introduced its Nexus line of smartphones. Nexus branded phones feature a pure Android experience without the customizations and tweaks we generally get from smartphone manufacturers and wireless carriers. Nexus-branded products also come with an unlockable bootloader which provides for further development and end-user modification.

This year, however, Google expanded its Nexus line to include more than just smartphones. At the Google I/O conference in June, Google unveiled its first ever Nexus tablet, known as the Nexus 7. In keeping with the tradition that Nexus devices are among the first to run the latest versions of Android, the Nexus 7 is the lead device for Android 4.1, also known as Jelly Bean...

Google Nexus 7 Tablet: Jelly Bean and Much More

• | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Points 3,205
LLeCompte replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 10:01 PM

Im really thinking about selling my galaxy tab 10.1 and getting one of these. Its to tempting.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

For me, many differences are a consequence of the Nexus's 16:10 Aspect Ratio vs the iPad's 4:3. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/QmQuFa with my 50 cents after having played with the device for a week...

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

Nexus 7's Camera Sucks. Hardware specs are not tempting.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 55

well worth the $250 bucks!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 800

One of my friends finally got ahold of one of these, and I have to say its a pretty fluid device all in all. Only gripe is the lack of the MicroSD slot, and camera quality is only fair at best. Though, the camera is pretty secondary when it comes to tablet use. Android pulled it off pretty well I think with their project butter, and user friendly UI. For the cash, this is a great media consuming device to add to the competition out there.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Awesome stuff, thanks google and asus.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS