HDTV plasma for PC monitor with Nvidia GeForce GT 440

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 243
Points 4,860
ljCharlie Posted: Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:46 PM

I just bough a Panasonic TC-P50UT50 and hooked up to my computer via HDMI. Two problems I've seen. First, even in landscape mode, the whole window still goes beyond the screen that I had to manually go into Nvidia control/Display/Adjust desktop size and position/Size tab and re-size the screen from 1920x1080 to 1824x1036.

My second problem is a bigger one. The screen (especially against white background) looks like the screen is not still/stable. It looks like things are moving against white background. This looks to me when the refresh rate is set incorrect; however, I did set to 1920x1080 at 60hz. What else can I do or troubleshoot this issue. I previously had a Sony Bravia KDL-40SL140 LCD HDTV and it was working just fine. So, I understand why it was not working better under a plasma HDTV. I already noticed that playing MKV file is way better under this plasma than the Sony LCD HDTV I previously had. If I can only resolve this refresh symptom like problem, I'm golden.

Any help is much appreciated.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,120
acarzt replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:45 PM

First, set the resolution on your PC back to 1920x1080.

Second, grab you Panasonic TV remote. Click menu, go to Picture setting. Go down to Aspect adjustments. Make sure Screen Format is FUll and HD size is Size 2.

That should fix your sizing issue and might even fix the issue with the white background. If not, try a few different picture modes. Some modes introduce weird artifacts. You can also try turning some of your TV's picture features on and off, like blur reduction, and noise filter etc.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 243
Points 4,860
ljCharlie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 1:35 PM

Thanks! That works.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS