AT&T Starts Shipping Sony's Xperia Ion Android LTE Smartphone

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,687
Points 1,207,055
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Jun 24 2012 12:03 PM
Ready for yet another Android superphone? It's here, and it's on AT&T. Sony's first 4G LTE smartphone is the Xperia Ion, and it's in stores and available to order online today for $99.99 on a two-year contract. That's actually on the low end of the pricing scale for LTE phones, and the Ion is certainly one of the more handsome devices to ship on AT&T airwaves. It offers up a 4.6" HD "Reality" 720p display, HDMI output, a 12-megapixel camera, and access to the Sony Entertainment Network.

There's also DLNA media streaming, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 16GB of internal memory (with a microSD expansion slot).

The last LTE smartphone to ship on AT&T for $99.99? Nokia's Lumia 900. Any guesses as to which one sells more?
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,073
Points 9,940
sevags replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 4:04 PM

Without going into details along with pros and cons of both phones....

I love the Lumia 900 for many reasons but for the same price The Xperia Ion is a fat better phone hardware wise. For the same price you're getting a host of upgrades such as a dual core CPU NFC, and a slew of others. If both phones are the same OS (either wp7 or android) the Experia would be the one to purchas every single time hands down. But since they don't it's up to you to decide if you want a flagship phone running android gingerbread, or a demure flagship phone running wp7.5.

I want windows phone to succeed but be ION is a much much better phone hardware wise.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
NNeophyte replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 3:46 AM

The phone is ugly, and its only available on EVIL ATT.. It will not succeed.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,073
Points 9,940
sevags replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 4:36 PM

The phone looks like any other android phone. And AT&T may not be the greatest but it's not the worst. In my opinion the most evil cell provider is Verizon, and sprint being the one I actually want to succeed.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS