Wikipad Gaming Tablet Coming With Android 4.0, Controller Add-On

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,722
Points 1,208,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, May 4 2012 2:34 AM
Android 4.0 is finally making the rounds at a pretty good clip, and if you can believe it, it's actually making it onto something other than a phone or tablet. Yes, the Wikipad is a gaming-centric handheld, and yes, it's using Ice Cream Sandwich. It's actually one of the few highly unique Android 4.0 products we've seen in recent months, and now the company has announced a partnership with Gaikai in order to stream high-end consume-quality games directly to the "media tablet." It's the first of its kind to offer an attachable, console-quality gamepad controller, and the partnership will see the Gaikai client integrated into the tablet, making game streaming available to Wikipad users.

Cloud gaming is obviously booming, and while it's still a young service, there's clearly a future here. The Wikipad is capable of running games locally but will also offer high performance games from Gaikai's cloud gaming platform. Users will see a 10.1" screen, optional 3G module and a quad-core processor, but there's been no price or release date issued just yet. Xperia Play competitor, anyone?
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:38 AM

I don't know personally as generally I am used to the touch interface and having a PS3 or Xbox type controller attached to one would probably annoy me really.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,970
OSunday replied on Sat, May 5 2012 1:23 PM

Looks like Experia and Razer might have a little competition in the gaming tablet area!

Even if the hardware of the Razer product would blow this one away

I'm not sure why I've never heard of this before now which makes me doubtful to the quality of it, along with the fact it has "wiki" in it which makes me associate it more with wikipedia, and general browsing instead of gamin...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS