Microsoft Promises Windows 8 Release Preview In First Week Of June

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,867
Points 1,116,100
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 24 2012 1:24 PM
Well, you can safely say that we're on the home stretch now. Microsoft has already released the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 into the world, and as the company gets closer and closer to the anticipated fall / winter launch of their next major desktop operating system, the next major step in that process is upon us. Speaking at an event in Japan, Microsoft's Steven Sinofsky announced that the Windows 8 Release Preview will be available in the first week of June. That's just over a month away, and we can expect a nearly-final, nearly-bug free version to hit the web for anxious PC users to test out and submit bug reports before it ships "for real" later this year.

Excited about trying out a new build? How's your experience with Consumer Preview been?
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
NSyesta replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:20 PM

I have tried it out and was very impressed about the latest technology used in creating it but one thing I was not impressed with was hardware compatibility with the AMD APU processor and chipset because it was being known as an engineering sample and I did not see full hardware compatibility.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 135
KDaniels replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 7:07 PM

Didn't really like the consumer preview. The dev preview ran way better on my Dell duo.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS