Intel Core i7-3720QM Ivy Bridge Mobile Processor, HH Tested, Burned-in

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,355
Points 1,191,520
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:58 AM
You might say Intel has been absolutely killing it as of late.  Whether you consider their recent earnings announcement beating Wall Street's expectations, the Ultrabook craze, their re-entrance into the handset arena with their Medfield platform, or the proliferation of their 2nd generation Core i7 Sandy Bridge processor in the market; it's perfectly clear the company is in an execution groove that will fuel both their own growth as well as industry growth for some time to come.

As if that weren't enough, the company is obviously champing at the bit for the launch of their 3rd generation Core series processor known by the code name Ivy Bridge.  From full-on leaks of NDA classified information and performance results, to the official, blessed unveiling of Intel's companion 7 Series chipset platform, it's as if we've been hearing about Ivy Bridge for what seems like an eternity.

In any event, today is the day that Intel's long rumored and hyped Ivy Bridge 3rd Generation Core processors get real and we've got the full lowdown for you here.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

BOOM! Nice review Dave, I've been looking for this one. Bring on the flood of ultrabooks.....looking forward to the trinity review as well. I'm guessing better graphics performance but lower cpu performance?

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:24 PM

Pretty beast cpu, can't wait for the release of laptops with it. Hopefully it doesn't take too long before i can get my hands on one because im going to need it for college and would suck if it doesn't come in time. Know any estimate on when custom boutique builders will have them ready? :D

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,619
Points 55,175
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:21 PM

Hard to say at this point, Drake but I think you're probably pretty close. I'll be pulling together Trinity numbers shortly though!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,619
Points 55,175
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:23 PM

Inspector, I think within the next 2 - 3 weeks you'll see a fair number of system builders ready to ship with Ivy. There should be some pretty compelling solutions out there as well!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 47,175
ForumsAdministrator
Super Dave replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:48 PM

Ivy Bridge, with it's improved HD 4000 graphics, is just what Intel needs to go up against AMD (huh?)! Last month I purchased a new HP laptop with the AMD A-8 platform because of it's wonderful Radeon graphics solution (for a measly $500). I looked at the Intel powered laptops too, but in that price range I would have been stuck with HD 3000 graphics. 

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS