AMD FirePro V3900: Pro Performance, Bargain Price

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,797
Points 1,163,545
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:37 PM

AMD FirePro V3900: Pro Performance, Bargain PriceThe FirePro V3900 is AMD's latest budget solution for the professional graphics market. We covered the card's launch last month. It's a formidable step up from the V3800 it replaces. Budget card launches may lack some of the excitement of high-end product debuts, but lower-end cards like the V3900 account for a significant percentage of AMD's total GPU sales.

The V3900 is interesting for another reason -- it's AMD's latest salvo in its ongoing campaign to steal professional market share away from rival Nvidia. Workstation-class GPU sales are overwhelmingly dominated by Team Green, but AMD has slashed its professional prices in an attempt to siphon market share...

AMD FirePro V3900: Pro Performance, Bargain Price

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,571
Points 103,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 11:54 AM

The only problem with this is that people are not real happy with AMD's driver support. (at least in the past) If they have that fixed, then it's a good thing.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,538
Points 54,420
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 3:57 PM

To be completely honest RN, I think AMD has come a long way from those days and driver support issues in the consumer space at least, are a thing of the past. On the pro side of the house, I'm not sure. I wonder if others here might have insight?

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS