Wing Commander: Darkest Dawn, Fan-Made Goodness

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,114
Points 1,184,250
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:06 AM
Wing Commander: Darkest Dawn, Fan-Made GoodnessLast week, we previewed the launch of Wing Commander Saga: Darkest Dawn, the fan-built companion to Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger that's been in the making for the past ten years. We were excited for its launch. But now that the game is available, how'd the team do?

Let us illustrate it thusly. The game dropped on Thursday, we started playing Friday, and as of this writing (Sunday afternoon), our weekend chore list is still gathering dust on the fridge...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,093
Points 11,065
CDeeter replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 5:59 PM

I downloaded this too, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot even though I haven't gotten too far. The AI is very well done, and you better be quick as they are on your tail fast. A plus is that your wingmen are actually useful without having to micromanage them.

Awesome job, and I agree, I'd pay for this.

Thank god I kept my Wingman Extreme joystick!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 11:08 AM

downloading...

Don't know when I will get to play it but figured I would get it downloaded at least :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,093
Points 11,065
CDeeter replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 8:37 AM

Huh, thought more of us well seasoned folk would jump on this.

Anybody else download it?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
GCotugno replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:40 PM

I loved wing commander sooo much! It was the reason for my 1st upgrade to a 386sx. I played all of them, all the way through, and had every expansion there ever was. I have kept them all as well. So I have all the soft, and boxes.

I don't have a pc up right now, but I will grab this when it is. But agreed, I believe something like this, is what is sometimes needed to kick companies in the butt, and make them aware of something they have ignored for too long. Well, I hope that is the case anyway. And sadly, I also have 2 collectors editions of WC3. And 4. I wonder if they would sell? Hehe... And force feedback was cool, when it was supported.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS