GeChic Offers 13.3" Portable Monitor For Extending Smartphone/Tablet Displays

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,505
Points 1,197,020
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Mar 18 2012 6:47 PM
Portable monitors, huh? Yeah, they've been around, but they've soared in popularity here lately. We actually haven't seen too many of these at the 13.3" level, but GeChic is breaking the mold. It's a fairly massive portable display, boasting a frame that's just 8mm thick and sporting a resolution of 1366x768. It can be powered via a USB port or a separate battery pack, and yes, it includes VGA/HDMI video connectors through a 30-pin adapter. If you're into the mini DisplayPort, that's an optional adapter as well.

Basically, this thing is designed to be an external display used for smartphones and tablets. It's a bit of a complex setup, probably best used in scenarios where you can set it and forget it, but at $199 it's possibly a solid impulse buy for those who just can't get enough screen real estate. Of course, that Retina Display on your new iPad scoffs at that idea...
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 9:46 PM

I don't have a valid reason to have one of these. All of my bling has screens that are good enough for me.

I can see where some would like it though.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 85
Points 725

I thought this post seemed familiar.

http://hothardware.com/News/GeChics-Portable-Monitor-for-Your-Smartphone-Clever-Clunky/

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS