New GeForce Drivers from Nvidia Give Skyrim a Big Boost in Performance

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,861
Points 1,171,840
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Feb 21 2012 11:49 AM
Slaying dragons isn't easy, and if that's your goal in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can use all the help you can get. Provided you're rocking a GPU built by Nvidia, new GeForce drivers released today will give you a "game changing performance boost" to work with, up to a whopping 45 percent, according to Nvidia's release notes. Nvidia is basing that off of performance measured with a GeForce GTX 560 at 1080p with Ultra settings in indoor scenes when compared with the previous driver.

The new GeForce 295.73 drivers also offer up to two times the performance in Mass Effect 3 with SLI compared to 285.62. Other highlights include;
  • GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skrim.
  • New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
  • New PhysiX software for the best experience in top PhyX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.

All in all, it's a pretty big driver update which, in addition to the feature upgrades and enhancements listed above, also resolves a handful of issues you might be having with your current driver, including fixes to instances of texture corruption and artifacts in Battlefield 3.

You can download the newest GeForce drivers here.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565
Inspector replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:27 PM

Neat, a bit late though :( lol. I stopped playing skyrim xD. Going to update though :D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Always nice to see the green team continue improving their drivers? How has AMD been at making their drivers better? This has always seemed to be their weakness.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,185
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:24 PM

omegadraco:
Always nice to see the green team continue improving their drivers? How has AMD been at making their drivers better? This has always seemed to be their weakness.

I've had no driver issues with the Green Team for a long time. My 2GB GTX285 and both of my GTX570's are already using this driver and they work fine with it. I do not play Skyrim though.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS