Super Talent Outs Overclocked Quad-Channel DDR3 Memory

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,697
Points 1,207,525
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Feb 4 2012 2:26 PM
Another day, another monster memory kit. Super Talent announced the Quadra series of DDR3 memory, which is designed to complement Intel Core i7 six-core processors.

The overclocked kits, which total 32GB (8 x 4GB DIMMs) are validated with the X79 chipset and are available in 1600MHz or 1866MHz. Super Talent says the kits are available now, although we couldn’t find any for sale online.

Super Talent introduces Overclocked Quad Channel DDR3 Kits
A full 32GB of memory for gamers and enthusiasts

San Jose, California – February 3, 2012 – Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of NAND flash solutions, today announces their Quadra series, overclocked, quad-channel DDR3 memory kits, targeted at the extreme enthusiast market.

Gamers and enthusiasts already know about Intel’s i7-3960X 6-Core processors and now they are scrambling to find DRAM worthy of their new rig. The Quadra, DDR3 Quad-kits, come in 1600 MHz and 1866 MHz and pairs perfectly with the i7 processors, which now handles 4 channels of memory. By fully populating all 8 slots of memory with Super Talent’s 4GB DIMMs, users will experience reduced loading times with all their high-system-requirement programs. Now more time can be spent using a computer than waiting on it.

Validated using the X79 chipset, the 1600 MHz and 1866 MHz overclocking DDR3 DIMMs are now available either individually or as a kit of four modules. Visit www.supertalent.com to learn more or call us to see how you can experience an amazingly responsive system using the latest technology today!
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 4:11 PM

Super Talent makes good memory and 32GBs of 1866MHz speed is impressive; however, I am wondering how much it's going to take from my bank account.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

I haven't come across any tech reviews about Super Talent memory kits. I would love to read some about this particular kit.

Never stop learning... until you're dead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,935
MembershipAdministrator

TaylorKarras:
Super Talent makes good memory and 32GBs of 1866MHz speed is impressive; however, I am wondering how much it's going to take from my bank account.

My four 4GB sticks of GSKill Ripjaws 2133MHz ram was on sale at NewEgg for $98.00 shipped.

My four 4GB sticks of Mushkin RedLine 2133MHz ram was on sale at NewEgg for $155.00 shipped.

This can't possibly be going for more, it's slower speed RAM.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:50 PM

Super Talent is actually a larger memory name outside of the US. I believe in fact it is one of the largest memory manufacturers name wise world wide although not in the US.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 656
Points 5,955

«... Now more time can be spent using a computer than waiting on it.» I do wish marketing «experts» could be convinced to refrain from writing blurbs of this type. I sincerely doubt that anybody who owns a computer with an i7-3960X 6-Core processor installed - no matter what their choice of RAM - spends more time waiting on their machine than using it. This sort of exaggeration really turns me off....

As far as I have been able to determine, the only Super Talent kit available here in Sweden is the Performance DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL8 2x2GB (WP160UX4G8). Quite costly, compared with comparable products from other manufacturers....

Henri

Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 960

If I install these Quad channel kit in my dual channel motherboard. Does it recognize as Dual channel or Single?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,935
MembershipAdministrator

mhenriday:
the only Super Talent kit available here in Sweden is the Performance DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL8 2x2GB (WP160UX4G8). Quite costly, compared with comparable products from other manufacturers....

Sweden,......so what is the major brand of RAM that is most used, and widely available there? Do PC parts cost any more there than here?

Just wondering.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,935
MembershipAdministrator

JuicyFruitSweeT:
If I install these Quad channel kit in my dual channel motherboard. Does it recognize as Dual channel or Single?

It's recognized as dual channel memory on a motherboard that is capable of dual channel operation. Some newer boards can work in Quad channel and this kit will work that way in them.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 656
Points 5,955

Realneil, I don't have access to any statistics on this matter, but were I to guess, I'd tip that big brands like Corsair or Kingston dominate (for example, I'm running 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz/CL9/VENGEANCE in my main box). The minimum I'd have to pay for this kit is about 700 SEK ; currency fluctuates of course, but at the moment we pay 6.70 SEK for 1 USD ; i e, my kit costs the equivalent of slightly over 100 USD. How much would it cost to purchase the equivalent in your neck of the woods ? In my experience, we generally pay about 10 times in kronor  what you pay in USD for equivalent products, despite the krona being worth considerably more. One of the contributing factors to this discrepancy is that a 25 % national sales tax is levied on almost all products, nota bene, irrespective of whether one purchases online or in a shop....

Henri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,935
MembershipAdministrator

We pay State taxes on local store purchases, the amount varies from State to State. We aren't saddled by a 25% tax on our internet purchases, but we're ~supposed~ to pay State taxes on internet buys.

I found this 16GB Vengeance Kit for $95.00, shipped to my door, at Newegg.  RAM DEAL

Some other brands are cheaper and still good too. the Geil RAM listed here (fourth one down) is of good quality. I just put some into a customer's PC and he loves it.

Our prices are mostly in line with yours, but sometimes we see some astounding deals. If you have the cash to jump on them right away, it can really work to your favor.  Newegg sends some ~incredible~ deals in an E-Mail every day.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS