Cooler Master Nicks Price of CM Storm Trooper to Celebrate 20th Anniversary

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,099
Points 1,183,635
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Feb 2 2012 1:55 PM
Cooler Master's been doing its thing for two decades now, and as part of its ongoing 20th anniversary celebration, the peripheral maker today announced a temporary price reduction for its CM Storm Trooper computer case. Effectively immediately, the CM Storm Trooper will be available for $150 through all of Cooler Master's U.S. and Canadian channel partners, down a cool $40 from its normal $190 price tag.

"Our team has been searching for several ways to show our customers that we've gotten this far by the bond that we've forged with them and our partners over the years. It is through this, and other, gestures that we hope to convey that gratitude," said Bryant Nguyen, Senior Product & Marketing Manager for Cooler Master USA, Inc.

The CM Storm Trooper is a full tower chassis with a mesh front panel and oodles of cooling potential. It has room for eight fans, or nine if you convert the top-mounted 200mm fan spot into two 120mm or 140mm fans. There are 9+1 expansion slots, a boatload of drive bays to work with, a pair of USB 3.0 ports, cable routing cutouts, and a bunch of other features outlined on its product page.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,845
Erakith replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:09 PM

I like the psychology behind these press releases.

CM offices: The NZXT just came out with the switch 810 and it's AWESOME for $160. Corsair's 600t/r is also giving us real competition, for $40 less! Lets reduce the price.

Press release: Thanks for making us who we are today, as a special thank you, we're GIVING YOU $40 off!

.. Right.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 4,825

Ummm aren't them just doing this because they got a new one coming? Ummm I don't trust any companies at all.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 3:34 PM

I have a Cooler Master and the case is very nice. This one is very feature-filled and not a bad price at all. I also dig the design :)

"I have the power!!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

LOL, you can also add the Thor V2 to that list, although I really do like the the CM Storm Trooper a lot. Have you seen the Storm Stryker,  the white version of the Trooper? OMG that's beautiful!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:16 AM

It may have more to do with NZXT's case selling at $160 but I always appreciate when something good comes from an anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Cooler Master!, here's to another 20 years!

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

I love the look of the CM Storm Trooper and for $150, it's a pretty good buy. I agree with the comments. Good timing for the 20th anniversary, but also a good marketing move with the recent case releases from other competitors.

Never stop learning... until you're dead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS