AVADirect Unveils a Pair of Compact/SFF X79-Based Systems

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,792
Points 1,162,730
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jan 3 2012 3:17 PM
When you think of “compact” or “small form factor”, it’s all too easy to make the leap to “weak” or “underpowered”, but AVADirect’s two new small systems are anything but. The company announced a compact gaming system and a workstation, and both systems pack a wallop.

The Compact Gaming PC can be configured with an Intel Core i7-3930K or Core i7-3960K Extreme, up to 32GB of DDR3-1333MHz memory, up to two HDDs or SSDs, and up to a pair of graphics cards. The system also boasts a liquid cooling system and a chassis designed for easy portability.

Compact Gaming PC

Like the Compact Gaming PC, the Workstation PC features a six-core Intel Core i7 CPU and liquid cooling, and it also supports up to 32GB of DDR3-2400 memory, up to four SATA drives, server-grade SAS drives, RAID 0/1/10/5, and a microATX chassis.

Workstation PC

As configured on their respective product pages, you can snag a reasonably well-spec’d version of the Compact Gaming PC or Workstation PC for $1,853.33 or $1,886.86, respectively. Of course, you can customize either system to your heart’s delight, so that price will likely go up somewhat, but either system appears to be a pretty sweet deal.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,816
Points 45,645
rapid1 replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:13 PM

If your not going to build your system yourself AVAdirect is one of a very small number of places I would have it done. I like Cyberpower and a few of the other custom houses as well for varying reason AVA would always be in that mix for me if I had a need for something like this. These however are sweet little systems I really like the liquid cooled in a small form factor, I would just worry if I was actually going to be moving with a liquid cooled system.

Much like I have heard people say in a big box air and liquid (prebuilt) is often pretty close to each other so validating it is kind of hard. In a smaller bodies system though I could definitely see it though as there is just not as much internally movable air for those duties. So in this case it would be a good option I think.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,571
Points 103,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:04 PM

These are both nice looking PC's, but the one on top is in a really nice case,......I like that case.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 2,135
SmogHog replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:39 AM

Waiting on the Clevo P270wm and P270wm3 notebooks and the customized models built on them from the likes of Sager,AVAdirect,Maingear,Cyberpower,Eurocom etc.

X79 chipset

SB-E CPUs

SLI or xFire graphics

Quad Channel memory

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS