Apple Readies Launch of 32-inch and 37-inch Televisions

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,388
Points 1,192,450
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Dec 27 2011 11:58 AM
We've been hearing rumors of an Apple branded television (not to be confused with Apple TV, a streaming media player) for quite some time now, and if the latest online chatter proves correct, we'll finally see a shipping product by the third quarter of 2012. Two products, actually,

Citing un-named "industry sources," DigiTimes reports Apple's supply chain is preparing materials for a pair of iTV sets in Q1 2012 in order to meet Apple's schedule for a Q2 or Q3 launch. The first two iTV models will measure 32 inches and 37 inches and will be full blown TV sets, not just set-top boxes like Apple TV.

Not a lot is known about these TVs, but you can reasonably surmise they'll come equipped with high quality panels and probably at least one stand-out feature for Apple to use in it's marketing blitz (like Siri for the iPhone 4S). Whether or not these iTVs will come with an integrated Apple TV set-top box is anyone's guess, but as it currently stands, Apple is planning to launch at least one more generation of Apple TV STBs next year as well.
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,104
Points 11,180
CDeeter replied on Tue, Dec 27 2011 1:22 PM

I bet they are fully integrated with, and use the iPhone as the remote. So you could say to Siri "Turn on the Steelers game.", and it would scan the stations and find it. Or they could just incorporate Siri into the TV itself.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

I'm assuming it will have appleTV built in, they would be dumb not to. I'm also assuming they will have remotes/apps/mirroring for the ipad and iphone. I bet they will make the phone or ipad into a controller so you can play games on it. But like all apple products it will be too expensive and too fanboyish for my taste.

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Tue, Dec 27 2011 7:02 PM

Im with cdeeter, it would indeed be a real neat/new way to do things. But it is definitely cool if it did that. Maybe it will come paired with a ipod for a controller.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Dec 27 2011 7:06 PM

I'm tired of rumors about this thing. If they're going to release it then they should just put out a press release; I mean a similar thing happened with the Verizon iPhone (which eventually happened but still.) and I just don't think that any sort of rumor should be used as an "impending release".

On a side note, Why 32" and 37"; most Apple Cinema Display Monitors sold have that sizing, it'll serve to cannibalize the monitor if it ends up to be either cheaper or more fully functioned. I would of liked it to be bigger so that the living room aspect of it can be justified; that way people can have a huge Apple TV in their living room, have the size of a regular TV while having the interface that Apple brings.

I guess Apple stans will eat this up regardless of how big the thing turns out to be.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,691
Points 104,390
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Dec 27 2011 9:48 PM

Many assumptions so far,.... but I'm going to assume that it will be ~friggin' holy mother of god!!~ expensive, no matter which one you choose. Wink

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
TZell replied on Wed, Dec 28 2011 1:23 AM

I got four words for ya.

Thirty.

Seven.

Inch.

Ipad.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,940
OSunday replied on Wed, Dec 28 2011 1:32 AM

Why is there spam on HH? :'(

But yeah RealNeil, no doubt these things are going to be priced through their roofs, just like their monitors... I still don't understand what qualifies apple displays to have such a high price tag?

I know LG manufacturers their monitor displays (and I wonder if they'll be making the TV's as well?) but LG Branded displays of similar quality near 50% of the price

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35
JZhao replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 9:31 PM

i want 60"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS