TWC TV App Brings Loads Of TV Commanding Power To Android

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,877
Points 1,116,615
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Dec 18 2011 12:05 PM
Has the cord-cutting generation already taken hold? Time Warner Cable hopes not, or at least, they're hoping to rope a few back in by reaching across the digital divide. The company has just announced the launch of their TWC TV app for Android, which allows Digital TV customers to search program listings by title or episode name, browse network schedules, set favorite channels and even program their DVR right from their smartphone. The app is available to video customers at the standard (expanded basic) level or higher, with at least one compatible Navigator set-top box or DVR. Analog (cable ready) customers and those with Motorola set-top boxes or DVRs running iGuide are not supported.

Features include an Interactive Program Guide (IPG) (up to 7 days of TV listings, optimized for display on smartphone screens in one-hour time blocks), Network Schedule view (tap on a network logo from the IPG and see the schedule for a specific network), Search, and Remote Control of STB (the ability to use the Android smartphone as a set-top box remote control, choosing a program from the grid guide and tuning the DVR or set-top box to the selected channel). There's also a DVR Manager, which provides the ability to remotely schedule or change upcoming DVR recordings.

Customers can hit the Android Market right now to get version 1.0, and yes, it's free if you're a subscriber.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 6:15 PM

This comes as a one two punch from a floundering company who keeps trying to avoid going under, first they release the app and second they release the HBO Go accessibility to all of their subscribers to try and keep a firm grasp on the market that is slipping away from them.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 600
ajm135 replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 11:29 PM

i hope one day we with things like this we can eliminate the cable box industry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 8:48 AM

Sorry if your hoping what the first sentence of this article says is true TWC because it has and you roping will be minimal as if there already gone it will be hard to get them back into the pen:)

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,371
Points 80,285

I like my cable box, thought If i could get a few more things streamed online then I might ditch it. But I enjoy watching tv while playing games sometimes. 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS