MSI+ App Makes Spec Hunting, Power Consumption Calculations A Breeze

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,729
Points 1,209,170
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Dec 12 2011 8:39 AM
What if you could control aspects of your motherboard and computer as a whole... from your smartphone? You can. MSI has just released their MSI+ app, described as a premium service for mobile users. Due to the prevalence of smartphones, making an interactive tool that connecting users and industries has being a trend. Now, MSI breaks the typical image of hardware manufacturer to create a tailor-made app that emphasizes the idea of user experience.

The MSI+ APP covers News, Video, Match, Specs, Manual and Calculator six categories. Except accessing the MSI's latest news, users can also efficiently learn a lot of product characteristics and specifications from a comparison list, and then to pick up the matched one. It is noteworthy that Calculator, one of MSI+'s features, can automatically evaluate the power consumption after users input the type and quantity of needed components. Furthermore, the MSI Afterburner iOS app enables easy overclocking for those with products that support it. Before long, just thinking about an overclock will be enough to make it so.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,766
Points 105,075
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:20 AM

The race towards ~perfect~ technology continues,...........although someone is always out there to complain about some aspect of it.

I like it. I embrace it. This all just makes our lives better over time.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

cool idea, but kind of weird to have on your phone.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:47 AM

I tested the MSI afterburner app and it was pretty cool. I certainly wouldn't hurt to have access to all these sources of information and the power calculator. Especially if you are someone who is always building new PC's

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:57 PM

I had trouble setting up the afterburner connection from my phone to my computer so i gave up... lol So this app is a power consumption calculator?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

Going to have to grab this to check how accurate the calculator is. I find a lot of them to be way off, either over or under powering resulting in people running at 50% at full load meaning at idle theyll be below 10% (maybe even 5%) and thus highly inefficient.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS