Angry Birds Turns Two Years Old, Celebrates with New Levels

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,388
Points 1,192,435
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Dec 11 2011 12:15 PM
They grow up so fast, don't they? We're of course talking about all those Angry Birds and thieving pigs who collectively turn two years old today. That's right, it's been 24 months to the day since the masses fell in love with Rovio's instant classic, and this love affair has led to the destruction of countless pigs and structures, we don't even want to attempt to calculate the wasted man/woman hours and lost productivity that Angry Birds has claimed.

To celebrate the occasion, Rovio is serving up 15 new birthday cake levels, new menus and graphics, and special birthday achievements. There's more.

"As a birthday gift to our fans, all episodes are now unlocked!," Rovio announced in a blog post. "Also make sure to check out our new Rovio channel, which gives you instant access to your favorite Angry Birds content."

If you happen to be out and about looking for stocking stuffers, Rovio says Toys 'R' Us is offering 25 percent off Angry Birds plush toys plus a code that unlocks an Angry Birds Google Chrome bonus level.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,940
OSunday replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:17 PM

I wonder how long Angry Birds popularity and success will last, there is only so much you can do with the current game play of angry birds and whether "new birthday cake levels, new menus and graphics, and special birthday achievements" will keep people entertained and happy for any longer

I know my personal preference is its alot of fun in the beginning but after I played it through the first time I didn't find the expansions and new levels fun or appealing since there wasn't much diversity in the game play

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,691
Points 104,390
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:48 PM

Easy to waste time with this game. I have to limit myself with it or I'll spend hours playing it because it's fun.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

Call me crazy but I could never get into the game....

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

It is a good time when I am sitting outside my wife's job waiting for her to come out for usually about 10 minutes. It is good when you challenge yourself to go back through and get 3 stars on all the levels.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Yea this is a fun game.

I'm in to paper toss now though.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:59 PM

I don't get to sucked in to the game. it gets boring for me some reason... But props!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Its fun to play and I got addicted to it for a while. I saw this yesterday and this morning I updated AB on Chrome. Lots of annoying adds, but , still fun, going to try and beat it as soon as possible. HBDay AB."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS