Cooler Master Throws Budget Shoppers a Bone with Elite 431 Plus Mid-Tower

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,727
Points 1,209,070
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Dec 5 2011 3:05 PM
The holiday shopping season is upon us, and that means setting aside some hard earned funds to buy your family and friends gifts because, well, that's the kind of thing we do this time of year. But lest you forget about yourself, Cooler Master today announced the Elite 431 Plus, a mid-tower computer case with some high end features at a mainstream price.

The Elite 431 Plus is an all-black chassis with a somewhat aggressive styling, side window, and painted interior. A 120mm blue LED fan up front gives the case a bit of bling, in case you're into that sort of thing, and there's room for up to four more fans up top, on bottom, on the side, and in the back.

Source: Cooler Master

Cooler Master gives you three external 5.25-inch and two internal 3.5-inch drives to play with, along with five internal 3.5-inch drives and three internal 5.25-inch drives. According to Cooler Master, the Elite 431 Plus can accommodate long graphics cards like the AMD Radeon HD 6990 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 580, as well as larger size CPU coolers.

The Elite 431 Plus will be available later this month for $60.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 3:39 PM

Looks good... While I'm disappointed that it doesn't contain any cabling features, it does look good and it contains most of the features that the higher-priced cases usually have. This'd be the case for me if I was looking for a new case, though the lack of cable-management features is severely disappointing. Even though I was able to manage with a wired PSU; there just doesn't seem to be any excuse for this at all, any...

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,765
Points 105,070
MembershipAdministrator

I have an Elite 430 already and it's a fine little case. It is almost identical to this new Elite 431 case.

It has amazing airflow for such a little case, and if you populate all of the places available for fans, it can cool just about anything. If you use a modular PSU with it, there is plenty of room to hide wires.

It cost me $39.00 at Newegg.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,970
OSunday replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:18 PM

I'd say this looks subpar for a Coolermaster product which usually has alot more features too their cases... till I saw the $60 price tag.

This is really a great case for a build on a budget that doesn't want to sacrifice quality to get an affordable case

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,765
Points 105,070
MembershipAdministrator

OSunday:
This is really a great case for a build on a budget

Exactly.

I've put together a few AMD Fusion APU systems lately. They use low power and do not generate a whole lot of heat either.

This would be perfect for one of them. (although my Elite 430 has a i7-870, water cooled with a Corsair H50 in it) Smile

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Very nice little case. Though I have to agree with Taylor how hard/expensive would it have been for them to include a couple of gromets in the motherboard tray for cable management.

For $60 dollars though you can't complain too much about the thing.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 509
Points 3,965

can't beat that price neal

CPU: e6400 @ 3.2 (H-50'd)
MB: MSI p6n
RAM: 4G adata
GPU: GTS-450 and 8800GTS for Physx
HDD: WD 500G Black
PSU: 620W Corsair  Mod.
Case: 900-2 with 7 cathodes and AP-15s