In Search of a Stocking Stuffer? Try a Portal 2 Plush Toy

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,356
Points 1,191,570
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Dec 2 2011 2:00 PM
It's still just the beginning of December, but now that we've made it past Thanksgiving and have had time to let all that turkey settle in our bellies, it's time to go shopping for gifts. And just in time for the holiday shopping season, ThinkGeek just announced the availability of nine officially licensed Portal 2 products, including a Portal Companion Cube Cooke Jar and a Portal 2 Plus Turret with Sound.

Those are rad, and so are some of the other items up for grabs, including:
  • Aperture Laboratories Shower Curtain
  • Portal Cookie Cutters
  • Portal Bookends
  • Wheatley LED Flashlight
  • Portal 2 PotatOS Science Kit
  • Portal 2 Cave Johnson Talking Portrait

You can view the full lineup of Portal products on ThinkGeek here. Alternately, if the geek in your life doesn't recognize the awesome that is Portal, be sure to check out our current and upcoming HotHardware Holiday Gift Guides. We currently have recommendations posted for tablets and smartphones, and will also be covering Notebooks/Ultrabooks and Components/Accessories in the coming weeks.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,361
Points 48,680
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 2:22 PM

I freakin' love those bookends! Too bad I don't buy actual paper books anymore! Maybe I coudl stack video cards between 'em?

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 2:45 PM

Haha those bookends are awesome! I agree Marco who buys books anymore? And I saw that plush toy a long time ago. It's pretty cool.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 2:48 PM

I still do... In fact, I have tons of books I could use to make those bookends awesome...

On the other hand, glad to see someone finally took that plush turret someone made a while back and made it into a licensed official product. It was a really, really good idea and whoever managed to make it happen is ingenious.

Not wild about the shower curtains though, severely disappointed.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Aoshi:
I agree Marco who buys books anymore?

Those of us who can't afford e-readers or tablets Stick out tongue besides there is something about opening up a freshly printed book that smell is something else.

[Reminds me of a song]

These would make great bookends for children's books they are cool and functional.

@Marco do you really have that many video cards laying around that you could stack them between these bookends. If you do, you may have to just buy them and take a picture to share with your HH peeps. Lol.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 3:42 PM

I totally dig those bookends as well   ! great design and anyone that played Portal would def dig them as well .

Would not be surprised to see them in a Two & a Half Geeks Vidcast episode in the background on a shelf or some of the others.

I wonder if any of us would notice the book ends if they  were in the background behind Marco in the webcast  ?

besides me thinks Marco wants them for xmas !

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 436
Points 3,395

I dont hate you.....

Not Ranked
Posts 46
Points 605

omg I want that plush turret so bad

Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 750
RSmith replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:53 PM

I see the turret plushie and the bookends, and all I can think of is how awesome it would be to have them :) i want a bunch of the plushies so I can set up my own scenario with my son and his other toys :D

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:02 PM

I spend so much time on ThinkGeek's site! I love EVERYTHING there!!! I just wish they had better shipping prices for Canadians, or maybe bring a retail store or distribution center here! I'd do all my shopping there :p

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 250
vorthex replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 4:10 AM

ha, this thing is pretty cool. my brother actually has one :P

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 6:24 AM

No! Not for Me! I haven't got space no more in my book shelf, nor any other place for any more books, let alone to have any more bookends. The only thing that I can fit knowledge into, is my pc. Then I have to box the software programs that I bought.Yes

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 509
Points 3,965
jonation replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:47 AM

Marco C:
Maybe I coudl stack video cards between 'em?

if that mars is still lying around, you'll need a portal to get through that thing

CPU: e6400 @ 3.2 (H-50'd)
MB: MSI p6n
RAM: 4G adata
GPU: GTS-450 and 8800GTS for Physx
HDD: WD 500G Black
PSU: 620W Corsair  Mod.
Case: 900-2 with 7 cathodes and AP-15s

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

gazd1:

No! Not for Me! I haven't got space no more in my book shelf, nor any other place for any more books, let alone to have any more bookends. The only thing that I can fit knowledge into, is my pc. Then I have to box the software programs that I bought.Yes

Me too, you are just like me gazd1, I don't have space either on my book shelf, I only have space in my Hard Drive to store things I download! Yes 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 96
Points 600
gloriad1 replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:21 AM

Yeah! Well that makes three of us!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:36 AM

gloriad1:

Yeah! Well that makes three of us!

oh What the heck Optimus ,gloriad1 and gazd1>> count me in ! Yes

that just may make four of us  lol   Surprise

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:38 AM

Count me out; I have ample space on my book shelf to place future books if I buy them. Stick out tongue

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

TaylorKarras:

Count me out; I have ample space on my book shelf to place future books if I buy them. Stick out tongue

Got plenty of room on my book shelves as well and these bookends would certainly look good on them. Of course the wife may have something else to say about that :P

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Dec 5 2011 12:53 PM

omegadraco:

Got plenty of room on my book shelves as well and these bookends would certainly look good on them. Of course the wife may have something else to say about that :P

So omega how you digging Portal ?

ya mentioned you were playin it .. may be if wifey plays it and digs it you can each have a Portal bookend of your own Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

rrplay:

So omega how you digging Portal ?

ya mentioned you were playin it .. may be if wifey plays it and digs it you can each have a Portal bookend of your own Smile

It is a pretty funny game. Got portal for free and then bought Portal 2 for like 10 dollars. I figured I should start with the first one and have a long way to go. Not much time to play in the life of a parent/student/employee. But hey I can't complain too much. Shes not a gamer so that would never fly but it was certainly a good idea lol.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
LWolff replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:12 PM

Well, maybe you could use the book ends for your game cases!? Such as Portal 1 & 2, as well as other great games..

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS