Verizon Wireless & Motorola To Offer DROID RAZR On 11-11-11

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,504
Points 1,196,910
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Nov 10 2011 10:42 AM

It's official: The DROID RAZR will be available tomorrow. Two years after Verizon Wireless first introduced the original DROID in November 2009, the companies are teaming up to revive the Razr name and release the world's thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. In addition to its sleek design, the smartphone features a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Advanced display, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread. With the launch, Verizon Wireless and Motorola are including access to NFL Mobile at no additional cost for the rest of the season.

DROID RAZR™ by Motorola Available on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Beginning 11-11-11

11/09/2011 - The DROID RAZR™ will be available to rip through the Web beginning Nov. 11 to celebrate the two-year anniversary of the original DROID by Motorola. Verizon Wireless first introduced the original DROID in November 2009 and to celebrate will launch the DROID RAZR on 11-11-11 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. Stores will open at 11:11 a.m. local time.

DROID RAZR customers can enjoy access to NFL Mobile at no additional cost for the remainder of the season on America’s fastest, most reliable 4G network. DROID RAZR will be available for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.

Customers can pre-order the DROID RAZR now at www.droiddoes.com/droidrazr,  in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores or by calling 1 800 2 JOIN IN. Pre-orders of the DROID RAZR will ship no later than Nov. 10.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Awesome phone. Can't wait to try it out in person, My favorite."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Agreed @Optimus! At this point I need to mess with the rezound and the razr in person before I pull the trigger. IMO they are both better phones than the galaxy nexus, especially since they both are going to get ics. I need to do a little more research about snapdragon vs omap too.

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 437
Points 3,400
LLeCompte replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:50 PM

The razr is super locked down, both boot loader and back battery cover. Plus you have to deal with motoblur. The rezound will be the better of the 2,only I'm curious to see what kind of battery life it goes. I for one am waiting for the galaxy nexus. I don't typically like Samsung phones, but I want a pure google experience, plus its going to be easy to root/rom

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

Drake_McNasty:
I need to do a little more research about snapdragon vs omap too.

"Just in case, have you read this article: http://fineoils.blogspot.com/2011/10/snapdragon-s4-socs-and-aps-vs-ti-omap5.html

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Thanks @Optimus that was a great read. I wish these phones were running those processors but they are both using a generation older, lame. The galaxy nexus and razr are using the omap 4 series and the rezound is using the S3 I think.

So it looks like which is better the msm8660(1.5)/omap4430(1.2)/omap4460(1.2). I'm seriously not finding a whole lot. Anandtech has a gpu benchmark. I would like to know details about the entire soc not just the gpu.

@LLeCompte what do you need to root/rom for? I'm just curious.

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 437
Points 3,400
LLeCompte replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 3:24 PM

Rooting is usually easier, rooting allows you total control over the phone, meaning being able to over/underclock the cpu. Once you root, it allows you to replace the recovery menu though the boot loader using clock work recovery. If the boot loader is locked down, it makes it harder to flash custom roms such as cm7 and miui. Locked boot loaders also sometimes mess up phones during normal updates.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

Man that's a nice phone. I member my old flip razr. Was a decent phone.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
maroger replied on Fri, Nov 11 2011 12:43 AM

Thank you guys for your nice words about my blog (Fine Oils). I plan to prepare more "Vs." -style reviews, it's just not enough information on Vivante, Mali 604/T658, Marvell Armada 6xx, or ZiiLABS ZMS-20 in the Chinese, German, Russian and other tech blogs and sites I used to browse.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 70

What? No removable battery? So what happens when your RAZR goes haywire and freezes on you? What then? At least my phone has a removable battery when all else fails, pop the battery out, and restart the phone, and I can put in an extended battery when needed.

Sure! You can ta***e my tech toys when you pry it from my cold dead hands!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Nov 11 2011 7:36 PM

blueboy2011:

What? No removable battery? So what happens when your RAZR goes haywire and freezes on you? What then? At least my phone has a removable battery when all else fails, pop the battery out, and restart the phone, and I can put in an extended battery when needed.

The iPhone also doesn't have a removable battery, while the original Droid did. So it's sad to see Motorola jump on the battery bandwagon but if the phones good or if there's a way I can take apart the phone to get to the battery then I won't mind... However, removable batteries should be standard on phones of all kind, regardless of what companies who make the iPhone think... Sure, it minimizes risk but we shouldn't have to send out phones in to companies just to replace the battery. I mean what's the additional purpose that comes from this?

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS