HTC Phones To Get Android 4.0 In Early 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,886
Points 1,173,510
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:00 AM

Recognizing that people want to get their hands on Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, HTC has announced a few phones in the company's lineup that will be the first to receive the update. These phones include the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XL, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Rezound, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, and HTC Amaze 4G. This announcement pertains to the US versions of each of these phones.

HTC expects to release the updates to Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012. HTC says it is continuing to assess the company's product portfolio and encourages customers to stay tuned for more updates on device upgrades, timing, and other details surrounding Ice Cream Sandwich.

After Google formally revealed Android 4.0 a few weeks ago and said the Galaxy Nexus would be the first handset to support the new OS, there was much speculation and many questions about which phones would receive an upgrade to the new OS. At the time, HTC didn't provide any details regarding which phones would receive an upgrade which led to speculation that HTC was having a hard time supporting its Sense interface. With this announcement, the concerns of some customers will be put to rest.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Will all of the new features of ics work on the older phones or the newer phones shipping with gingerbread?

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 430
Points 3,335
LLeCompte replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:52 PM

It's a good thing that the oems are making commitments to get ics out to people. The big thing is going to be getting past the carriers. If it would be up to the carriers, they would make you buy a new phone for every update that comes out

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

Would be sweet if HTC & Verizon allows it to hit the Thunderbolt.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

I am sure their will be a cooked version for the regular EVO.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,700
rapid1 replied on Wed, Nov 9 2011 10:23 AM

Yes I definitely look forward to getting this one and am Glad the Sensation is in the initial till to do so. From what they are saying I should get some ICS by very early 2012. I like to hear that we will have to see if it actually happens.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS