Sony Internet TV Nabs Google TV Update

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,205
Points 1,186,875
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:54 PM
Google TV. Remember that? Just kidding. While Google TV certainly hasn't been as popular as something like Gmail, it's a product that Google still seems interested in improving. This week, Sony announced a software update to the Google TV platform that powers the Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc player. This latest version not only powers existing Google TV features, but also adds the Android Market for apps. It'll roll out to connected Sony Internet TV devices by early next week.

Today’s update brings a simpler and clean interface, improved performance, better search functionality and the Android Market to all currently installed Sony Internet TV and Sony Internet TV Blu-ray owners. Additionally, future consumers of Sony Internet TVs and Blu-ray Disc players will receive the update during the initial start-up installation. Other new benefits include better integration with Android and iOS devices, like smartphones and tablets.

So, you buying one now? Or, if you own one, are you more amped about it?
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Sony product == Not for me to be spending money on. If I can at all avoid spending money on their products I do.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Points 14,335
Manduh replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:06 PM

@omegadraco, Why? If you don't mind me asking. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I am waaaay amped. I already like my google tv. The upgrades will fell like a bonus.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS