Samsung Sells 30 Million Galaxy S / S II Devices

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,896
Points 1,174,415
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Oct 25 2011 9:12 PM
Apple sells millions of iOS-based products every quarter, and they managed to sell four million iPhone 4S smartphones on the opening weekend. But guess what? Samsung sells a lot of phones, too, and they're interested in telling you just that. The company has just celebrated the sale of their 30 millionth Galaxy S / S II device, and it seems that just yesterday they hit the 10 million mark. We're guessing it has a lot to do with the GSII coming to America on all of the major carriers, but regardless -- 30 million is no small feat, particularly in a world where new Android devices seem to hit the market daily. So, now that we've partied hard -- where's the Galaxy S III?

Samsung celebrates 30 million global sales of GALAXY S and GALAXY SII

Global popularity with customers drives momentum for Samsung’s flagship smartphones

SEOUL, Korea – October 17th, 2011 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a leading mobile handset provider, today announced that its Samsung GALAXY S and GALAXY SII smartphones have achieved a combined total of 30 million global sales.

GALAXY SII has set a new record for Samsung, generating more than 10 million sales - quicker than any device in Samsung’s history. It continues to gain traction as Samsung’s flagship smartphone - a stylishly designed, slim and ultra-portable device combining an unrivalled viewing experience with powerful dual-core processor performance.

Launched in 2010, Samsung GALAXY S reached almost 20 million sales, making it the highest-selling mobile device in Samsung’s portfolio to date, and another record-breaker for the company and the mobile market.

Since launching to high critical acclaim two years ago, the GALAXY S range has continued to gain popularity among consumers and propelled the GALAXY brand to one of the most recognized mobile brands in the world.

“Since its launch only five months ago, GALAXY SII has seen tremendous sales success and garnered enthusiastic reviews from consumers and mobile industry watchers across the globe. This is in addition to the continued sales momentum behind GALAXY S, which we launched at CTIA 2010 as continues to be a run-away success with consumers,” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung's Mobile Communications Business.

“The phenomenal success of these smartphones once again demonstrates how the GALAXY S smartphones is setting the standard for smart mobile technology around the world”, he added.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Awesome for Samsung and just goes to show that the iPhone is not the only trick in town... Imagine how many more phones all these manufacturers would sell if it were not for the 2-year contract structure that all the cell providers have.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 1,365
Schmich replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:26 AM

Hopefully the SGS3 will be on 28nm and have a lot of modular accessories such as the KT Spider line. The amount of power these phones have and will get is insane and most software aren't making much use of it.

Definitely need modular designs to get customizable products depending on the need of that time of the day. Also why buy a smartphone and then a tablet with pretty much the same SOC and then a laptop with a gaming-level CPU when all you do is browse the web, write word docs and emails.

Much better if the tablet is without a SOC, has a spot to insert the smartphone (like the Padfone) and then having a keyboard dock for the tablet (or smartphone). Without a CPU/GPU/RAM/Memory the tablet screen and keyboard dock would be cheap!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:09 PM

I contributed to one of those sales :P lol. Keep it up samsung!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

I contributed with my purchase of the of original Galaxy S.

The experience was awful and still is, I will take a look at the Galaxy S2 but I am keeping my expectations tempered as last time I got caught up in the hype and I did not want to become caught in the Apple cult as I am a PC guy 100%

Apple simply makes a better product........period. imo

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
CMcCann replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 2:47 PM

@ThunderBird,

What exactly killed the Cappy experience for you? I had mine for the life of my contract and just bought a GS2. The only thing that faltered was the GPS (when tweaked it was acceptable). If you exclude GPS, the phone was wonderful. I had CM7 loaded and overclocked to 1.6Ghz with great battery life. Boy that baby flew! When I switched over to my GS2, I gave the Cappy to my girlfriend who also loves it. Did you have any other problems?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

News:
But guess what? Samsung sells a lot of phones, too, and they're interested in telling you just that. The company has just celebrated the sale of their 30 millionth Galaxy S / S II device, and it seems that just yesterday they hit the 10 million mark.

"*Yawn* Big Deal?, Apple has sold close to 74 million Iphones, and customer satisfaction and approval just seem to get better every year."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS