AT&T Launches U-Verse TV Wireless Receiver

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,804
Points 1,213,265
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Oct 25 2011 9:05 PM
Wires, wires, everywhere. Talk about a nightmare. AT&T thinks so, and that's part of the reason why they're launching the industry's first integrated wireless receiver, which aims to give U-verse TV customers more freedom to watch TV shows anywhere, in any room throughout the home. The new U-verse TV Wireless Receiver is the first fully-integrated wireless receiver available from any TV provider, and gives U-verse TV customers even more freedom to watch TV when and where they want it, including rooms without an existing U-verse outlet. The Wireless Receiver will be available for order on Monday, Oct. 31. With the U-verse Wireless Receiver, you can enjoy:

The flexibility to design your room and arrange your furniture to suit your style, since the TV is no longer tied to the TV outlet, the ability to have a TV in rooms not typically wired for TV, including an outdoor covered patio, the ability to easily move your TV for special events and the ability to move your TV to the guest room or basement for house guests. Looking for a demo? Good thing there's a video right here.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Now if only U-Verse would get their butt in gear and be available in my neighborhood... Not sure how I feel about wireless TV either because of the latency involved in transmitting wireless signals. Plus the higher number of devices the slower it will get. What I would hope is that they have a hybrid solution so that you have both options in a home.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

AT&T does give you the option of having both a 'Wired" receiver, and "Wireless" receiver. Also there is no latency issue. There is a separate wireless access point that uses "N" 5.4 GHZ technology to broadcast the wireless signal separate from the wireless gateway provided by AT&T. I have 1 wireless receiver, and 4 wired set top boxes and all work great including the WiFi receiver and I personally think it has a better picture quality then the Motorola 2250 DVR I have. Seems as though AT&T/Cisco (company whom makes the WiFi receiver) did their homework on the wireless receiver before releasing it to the public. The technician who installed my U-Verse service told me this has been in testing for the last 2 years. I've had it since November 5th and never an issue. When U-Verse is offered in your area, I would suggest signing up as soon as possible to get an install. When they were laying the fiber-optic lines in my neighborhood and everyone found out what was going on, everyone started calling AT&T to switch from Cox Cable and I ended up waiting almost 6 weeks to have my service installed. It was worth it though because it's a very cool and modern system. Not sure how Cox, Time Warner Cable plan on competing with AT&T's product.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,778
Points 105,195
MembershipAdministrator

Sounds like a good service, what does it cost per month?

Are there DATA Caps in place with it?

At what rate do you get your data from their service?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS